Food suggestions before XL Center game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Food suggestions before XL Center game

Reaction Score
I actually checked there and couldn’t get a reservation. Just as well since I’m sure I’d probably be late for it anyway.
I remember meeting you and your wife and your little boys pre-game at McD's when they were across the street from the XL. Must have been 20 years ago. ;-)

Reaction Score
I remember meeting you and your wife and your little boys pre-game at McD's when they were across the street from the XL. Must have been 20 years ago. ;-)
Coming tomorrow with my oldest son. He's definitely not little any more!

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I haven't been to a game in Hartford since before Covid. Coming down for the DePaul game but won't have time to go to a sit down restaurant. Any suggestions for a fast casual spot in Hartford to grab dinner before the game? Something I can be in and out of in less than an hour. I was thinking Bear's but if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. And don't suggest I eat at the XL Center. The food there is generally terrible. I think there's a Bear's in the arena so that's always an option if I'm running late. Thanks in advance.
Vernon Diner

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The answer used to be Woodys hotdogs. Since he retired, it's tough to get a quick quality meal in downtown Hartford.

Hartford's food scene leaves a lot to be desired.

Woody's was great. I was preparing myself for a second crack at the Devil Dog Challenge but did not get the chance before they closed.

Reaction Score
Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 2.28.17 PM.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FYI, Arch Street will validate your parking ticket from the garage across the street. As far as I know, they are the only one over there that does. So it's always my first stop when I'm spending time on Front Street,

Reaction Score
In that case, if you like Delis. Reins https://www.reinsdeli.com It was a staple when I grew up in Manchester.
Been there many times. Just don't want to eat early enough where we know we'll get out of there and then into Hartford in time to get into the game and not miss opening tip off. Parking in Hartford and then getting food is more safe.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Homemade corned beef?

1677703036596.png

Reaction Score
So @HooperScooper where did you end up?
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. So we ended up at El Pollo Guapo on Front Street. We went there figuring we could pick either that or Bear's. Worked out great and actually had enough time to head to a bar for a beer before the game too. Next time I'll try to make sure I'm there early and make a reservation at Salute. Saw Sorella's also. Is that good?

Btw, does anyone work in downtown Hartford? We got there about 5:30, parked and walked down Main St. and then down to Front Street. I could count how many people we passed on one hand. My son lives in Boston and we were laughing that we hardly passed a soul walking down Main Street at 5:30.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Salute is the best!

I was at a Pregame reception catered by Salute and was completely underwhelmed, the antipasto tray was acceptable but nothing special. Quesidillas, pasta and pulled pork were dreck. Maybe (hope) the restaurant dining experience is better.

Reaction Score
I was at a Pregame reception catered by Salute and was completely underwhelmed, the antipasto tray was acceptable but nothing special. Quesidillas, pasta and pulled pork were dreck. Maybe (hope) the restaurant dining experience is better.
I love hearing these reviews. Hopefully it makes it easier for me to get a reservation when I need one. I've never had a bad meal there, eaten there a 100 times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom