Food suggestions before XL Center game | The Boneyard

Food suggestions before XL Center game

Reaction Score
I haven't been to a game in Hartford since before Covid. Coming down for the DePaul game but won't have time to go to a sit down restaurant. Any suggestions for a fast casual spot in Hartford to grab dinner before the game? Something I can be in and out of in less than an hour. I was thinking Bear's but if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. And don't suggest I eat at the XL Center. The food there is generally terrible. I think there's a Bear's in the arena so that's always an option if I'm running late. Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
El Pollo Guapo across from Bear’s is always solid. Otherwise depending on which way you’re coming from you’ll have a lot more options in West Hartford, Newington, Wethersfield or Glastonbury

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Capital Grille if money isn’t an object. Otherwise make time for a trip to West Hartford, just way more options and better food.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Based on being fast and decent, just eat at Bear's inside the arena. Located behind the student section and bar

Reaction Score

On Ann St.

Pho was very good. Have not had their Ban Mi

Reaction Score
Last time I saw you was City Steam, many moons ago LOL. Grab a Nurse for gametime!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Based on being fast and decent, just eat at Bear's inside the arena. Located behind the student section and bar
Let me second this. I don't think you are going to be able to eat before the game within walking distance to the XL because it gets crowded early. I think Bear's is a good deal for arena food. If you want to eat close by, the aforementioned Parkville Market is great. And they added a Plan B next to the Infinity Hall Bear's .

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
City Steam is temporarily shut down due to water damage from a frozen pipe bursting a few weeks ago.
Horrible timing for them. It's seemed things were really humming there earlier this year.

Reaction Score
City Steam is temporarily shut down due to water damage from a frozen pipe bursting a few weeks ago.
Place can't seem to catch a break. Their food and overall service has gone down the absolute tubes as of the last 3-4 years or so (even before COVID....2019-ish is when I started noticing).

It's too bad.

Reaction Score
I haven't been to a game in Hartford since before Covid. Coming down for the DePaul game but won't have time to go to a sit down restaurant. Any suggestions for a fast casual spot in Hartford to grab dinner before the game? Something I can be in and out of in less than an hour. I was thinking Bear's but if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. And don't suggest I eat at the XL Center. The food there is generally terrible. I think there's a Bear's in the arena so that's always an option if I'm running late. Thanks in advance.
If you are coming down 84 from Boston, Reins Deli in Vernon might be a good choice. Easy in and out right off 84.

Reaction Score
Front Street: El Pollo Guapo, Bear's, Plan B
By the XL Center: Four Dad's

Otherwise, go to West Hartford or Glastonbury.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like Black Eyed Sally's. Good spot and perhaps less likely to be crowded. Plus I'm nostalgic for the Civic Pub that was once at that location.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hot and spicy chicken.

I could drink that sauce

Reaction Score
Pietro's Pizza on Main Street, near the Old G Fox. Order ahead so your food is ready when you get there and they serve beer. They make a killer chicken parm. Four Dad's is great but it will be mobbed.

Reaction Score
Pietro's Pizza on Main Street, near the Old G Fox. Order ahead so your food is ready when you get there and they serve beer. They make a killer chicken parm. Four Dad's is great but it will be mobbed.
Thanks. Are there seats in there to sit down and eat?

I agree about Dad's. Anywhere right near the XL Center is probably not going to work. And I didn't know exactly when I'd be down there so I couldn't make a reservation anywhere. We'll be winging it on the fly with some options.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I agree about Dad's. Anywhere right near the XL Center is probably not going to work. And I didn't know exactly when I'd be down there so I couldn't make a reservation anywhere. We'll be winging it on the fly with some options.
That's why I like Black Eyed Sally's, two blocks away on the opposite side. Easier to get in.

Reaction Score

Yes they do, it is small about a dozen or so tables, plus a standing counter. You can order ahead from their website or the Slice app as you are parking and it will be ready when you get there.

Reaction Score
If you like Indian food, there are 2 options right near the stadium. Dhaba Wala & Spice Venue.

Both are counter serve. I've had many meals at both and have enjoyed them all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom