Food for USF Tailgate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Food for USF Tailgate

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Found a recipe online - its basically jimmy dean hot sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Bisquick rolled into 1" balls and baked on Friday night- then we're going to re-heat them in a tin pan on the grill
Love it. Great suggestion!

jho

Reaction Score
IMG_0168.jpg

USF post game meal.

Reaction Score
We're doing roasted potato and egg breakfast scramble wraps and gin and tonics in the morning. After the game it's bacon cheddar black angus burgers, whisky and a cigar. We usually go for a drink that matches the opposing team in some way but making hurricanes seems a bit too on the nose.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We're doing roasted potato and egg breakfast scramble wraps and gin and tonics in the morning. After the game it's bacon cheddar black angus burgers, whisky and a cigar. We usually go for a drink that matches the opposing team in some way but making hurricanes seems a bit too on the nose.
Not only does tonic taste awful, it's not very good for you. Why not orange juice (also not very good for you, but taste infinitely better)? At the very least, you establish the loose connection of USF being out of Tampa, similar to MLB's Tampa Rays, who play at Tropicana Field, which is located in Tampa's sister city of St. Petersburg.

Your other loose connection is that hamburger meat typically comes from a steer, which is a bull missing a certain two organs (or two of one particular organ...however you want to look at it).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So I volunteered to gather breakfast fixings for my group for Saturday Morning (another guy is responsible for libation. A third for lunch after the game). The sausage balls seem interesting, but like I mentioned above and also like many others do, we try to incorporate a food or drink item native to our opponents home locale.

I'm just taking a straw poll...what say the peanut gallery of Cuban Egg Wraps? Here's my thought...Ham, roast pork, sauteed onion, and Swiss cheese with scrambled egg grilled on a buttered wrap.

Pickles and yellow mustard optional (and truthfully, probably not at all).

And a side of hash browns.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So I volunteered to gather breakfast fixings for my group for Saturday Morning (another guy is responsible for libation. A third for lunch after the game). The sausage balls seem interesting, but like I mentioned above and also like many others do, we try to incorporate a food or drink item native to our opponents home locale.

I'm just taking a straw poll...what say the peanut gallery of Cuban Egg Wraps? Here's my thought...Ham, roast pork, sauteed onion, and Swiss cheese with scrambled egg grilled on a buttered wrap.

Pickles and yellow mustard optional (and truthfully, probably not at all).

And a side of hash browns.

Get some Cigar City beers and forget about worrying about the rest.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
The best quick grab breakfast sandwiches in the area are at the Sams convenience store next to Langan VW in Glastonbury. It'll be interesting to see what they do about tailgating post game, that will likely dictate what we do.

OT: best gas station cuisine in CT
Hey, I used to live about a mile from there on Olde Stage Rd. before moving to TX. Could hear the Glastonbury football games from our backyard. I believe there used to be a liquor store next door to the convenience store, too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hey, I used to live about a mile from there on Olde Stage Rd. before moving to TX. Could hear the Glastonbury football games from our backyard. I believe there used to be a liquor store next door to the convenience store, too.
Yup there still is. I lived in the Soap Factory for a while.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Found a recipe online - its basically jimmy dean hot sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Bisquick rolled into 1" balls and baked on Friday night- then we're going to re-heat them in a tin pan on the grill

I think you should share this recipe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom