Follow-up procedure for Caroline | The Boneyard

Follow-up procedure for Caroline

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
WHAT??????

I hope everything is ok!!! We miss seeing you on the court Caroline!!!

Get well soon!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well if it was inserted during the last surgery , I would think this was sort of a planned thing and nothing to worry about..... wouldn't you ?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Well if it was inserted during the last surgery , I would think this was sort of a planned thing and nothing to worry about..... wouldn't you ?

I dont like assuming in these situations!!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well, we'll just have to wait until John and the horde file their post-practice reports.....!

Until then....

92972202-260x260-0-0_Smithkline+Beecham+TUMS+ULTRA+1000+PEPPERMINT+72Ta.jpg

:cool:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that makes sense to me, but nothing was mentioned about it prior or when she had her last surgery (ie. that one more would be needed to remove the pin or whatever)....

i really think anything above 0 minutes will be a bonus for us this year from CD and i certainly hope she's able to contribute much more. the good thing is that we are so deep in the guard/wing area that it's not like we will be desperate to have quality players on the court in the 1-3 positions...

i remember a lot of debate on whether CD would start. people were all over the map on speculation, until Geno said something like "it's logical to NOT let her cool down after pre game warmups. if she came off the bench, she would be going in cold and that probably wouldn't be good for her"... or something like that.

most of us got to thinking that she WOULD indeed start and give as many minutes as Geno was comfortable with before being pulled to rest her, maybe for the remainder of the half.

in the absence of a specific report from Rosemary, all i can do is hope for the best and send her best wishes for a quick and full recovery...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Here's the way Jeff Jacobs' phrased it on twitter:

"Caroline Doty minor surgical procedure done two days ago on her knee. Some hardware moved around. Be back in a week or so."

LINK

Reaction Score
Here's the way Jeff Jacobs' phrased it on twitter:

"Caroline Doty minor surgical procedure done two days ago on her knee. Some hardware moved around. Be back in a week or so."

LINK
Is this poor girl ever going to be healthy enough to play ? It is only minor surgery if it is done on some else. This seems like a surprise situation that was probably causing her discomfort. She sure shows a love for the game!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to John A., Caroline said the surgery was done to remove a "button" that was inserted during her 2nd surgery and that was "bothering her." The initial report has her back on the court late next week.

I understand the concern when we hear the words "surgery" and "Caroline," but this doesn't sound serious. There are reasons to be cautious about how much Caroline will contribute this year, but a minor procedure to remove a button shouldn't be the reason.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Cat, who's thinking this will impact her ability to contribute this year? I doubt any sane person would come to that conclusion.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Cat, who's thinking this will impact her ability to contribute this year? I doubt any sane person would come to that conclusion.

I lost my mind. For just a moment I forgot that we're all sane here. Thanks for the reality check.

Reaction Score
that makes sense to me, but nothing was mentioned about it prior or when she had her last surgery (ie. that one more would be needed to remove the pin or whatever)....

i really think anything above 0 minutes will be a bonus for us this year from CD and i certainly hope she's able to contribute much more. the good thing is that we are so deep in the guard/wing area that it's not like we will be desperate to have quality players on the court in the 1-3 positions...

i remember a lot of debate on whether CD would start. people were all over the map on speculation, until Geno said something like "it's logical to NOT let her cool down after pre game warmups. if she came off the bench, she would be going in cold and that probably wouldn't be good for her"... or something like that.

most of us got to thinking that she WOULD indeed start and give as many minutes as Geno was comfortable with before being pulled to rest her, maybe for the remainder of the half.

in the absence of a specific report from Rosemary, all i can do is hope for the best and send her best wishes for a quick and full recovery...

I agree; the fact that through all the recent interviews and discussions with and about CD there has been no mention of this is a concern.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Ohhh... I hope this was all planned... And that all has gone well...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
We can do nothing but pray for the best and hope that she is pain free in her knee and emotionally

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree; the fact that through all the recent interviews and discussions with and about CD there has been no mention of this is a concern.
Why would that be a concern. The "button" wasn't bothering her before. Then it was bothering her. So they took it out.

Reaction Score
I lost my mind. For just a moment I forgot that we're all sane here. Thanks for the reality check.

I do not know if we are all sane here. I have met some Boneyarders.

Reaction Score
Why would that be a concern. The "button" wasn't bothering her before. Then it was bothering her. So they took it out.
Concern because it was a surgical procedure and apparently it was unexpected.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Concern because it was a surgical procedure and apparently it was unexpected.
totally agree. i think most sane people love the Huskies and all the kids on the team, and any time any kind of illness or surgery is mentioned, the fans worry. i guess i'm more concerned about the people who aren't concerned...

having said that, i'm guessing sanity is not a strong suit for most of us... ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller's blog talks about Caroline and her latest procedure. http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

Caroline is upbeat and not concerned. In fact, the Doctors gave her good news after taking a look at her knee:

"It was bothering me during preseason, I went through preseason with this nagging pain and towards the end, we felt like if we were going to take care of it, we didn't want to wait until December until you are in the flow of everything. Let's just take care of it now and be good for the rest of the season."

The good news is that doctors got to look at her knee during the surgery and they liked what they saw.

"Everything is great, it looks stronger than ever," Doty said. "All I can do is let the wound heel and the soreness go away. It is just like weight lifting, you are sore for a few days and then you will fine after that, just bigger and stronger. It is going to take a few days, it will be sore."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller's blog talks about Caroline and her latest procedure. http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

Caroline is upbeat and not concerned. In fact, the Doctors gave her good news after taking a look at her knee:

"It was bothering me during preseason, I went through preseason with this nagging pain and towards the end, we felt like if we were going to take care of it, we didn't want to wait until December until you are in the flow of everything. Let's just take care of it now and be good for the rest of the season."

The good news is that doctors got to look at her knee during the surgery and they liked what they saw.

"Everything is great, it looks stronger than ever," Doty said. "All I can do is let the wound heel and the soreness go away. It is just like weight lifting, you are sore for a few days and then you will fine after that, just bigger and stronger. It is going to take a few days, it will be sore."

So, why are we concerned? I'm more concerned about people who are concerned.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
My BIL had knee surgery recently. The doctors inserted a plastic "button" under the patella to act as a cushion. I also found this on line which might be closer to Doty's situation.

"We have found that with appropriate patient selection, the performance of an anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using the patella tendon secured by buttons (our standard procedure) is both safe and effective - even with growth plates that have not fully closed. "

DD - I'm concerned that you are not concerned but instead are concerned about people expressing their concern.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I cannot imagine that Caroline's doctors would agree to remove something that is a critical component of the reconstruction. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom