Follow-up procedure for Caroline | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Follow-up procedure for Caroline

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I
My BIL had knee surgery recently. The doctors inserted a plastic "button" under the patella to act as a cushion. I also found this on line which might be closer to Doty's situation.

"We have found that with appropriate patient selection, the performance of an anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using the patella tendon secured by buttons (our standard procedure) is both safe and effective - even with growth plates that have not fully closed. "

DD - I'm concerned that you are not concerned but instead are concerned about people expressing their concern.
If Caroline is not concerned, then why should I be?

I'm more concerned with using the word concern in too many posts. It's concerning.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I wouldn't let that concern me, but if you are concerned about using the word concern in too many posts that concern you, you could always express your concern by substituting the word worry. If you are concerned that worry suggests a level of concern beyond your intended meaning, the word interest might better convey the extent of your concern.

Personally, I am not worry concerned about Doty but I am interest concerned.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I read all these comments, all this speculation, all the analysis, and I can't shake the thought of that old cult movie about the Living Dead. They just kept on walking because they simply would not die.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I can not wait until she's healthy and the fact that she's only a Jr. is even better!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I've had 5 surgeries on my right leg since April. Every surgery, regardless of the seriousness, is a physical and an emotional set-back. Good for her for keeping such a positive attitude...it's not easy to do that. Would be nice to see her get to play without pain and enjoy her remaining time at UCONN.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Minor surgery is still surgery. I presume it was arthroscopic which still goes through muscle, albeit in a relatively small area. Usually requires some level of rehab. I'll be surprised but happy if Caroline is ready in only 10 days.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Depends, Roy, I have known ball players who played as little as 2-3 days after a scope procedure. It all depends on the nature and the size of the thing being removed. Given they said 7 to ten days and the ease of movement she showed at First Night I would not be surprised that she could well be ready in 10 days. Gotta trust the doctor and PT assessment.

Reaction Score
I should hope so, Icebear !!! This is a case where the spirit is willing but the body has its own mind !!! Rooting and praying for CD !!!!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Depends, Roy, I have known ball players who played as little as 2-3 days after a scope procedure. It all depends on the nature and the size of the thing being removed. Given they said 7 to ten days and the ease of movement she showed at First Night I would not be surprised that she could well be ready in 10 days. Gotta trust the doctor and PT assessment.

The scariest thing is going to be watching Caroline play. Every time she jumps up and lands on the floor, we're going to wince a little. At least I know I will.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I understand DD's point. CD's positive attitude shoud be our focus.

DD emphasizes Caroline's positive attitude which is fantastic. That's the thing that makes Caroline Doty so special. But he goes on to say that he's more concerned about those who post their concerns. What in the world is wrong with being concerned about a great oft-injured player? You think Caroline reads this stuff and let's it affect her?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
He's just givng a poke to some. Nothing serious, just a little poke. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom