OT: - Folk and Acoustic: Post Your Favorite Artists, Groups, and Songs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Folk and Acoustic: Post Your Favorite Artists, Groups, and Songs

Reaction Score
Pentangle - Hunting Song. Jackie McShee's voice is angelic and her band mates are superb:

Reaction Score
I've run an acoustic, fiddle-centric concert series for the past 30 years, so I have about 300 videos I could recommend. This one might be a fav, though, and while it wasn't shot at my venue, it was just a few days removed from when they were with us.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
If you have not heard this before, you have not heard anything like this before. It'll take 13 1/2 minutes of your life, but I think you'll end up wondering how the heck he did that. (And get some grins in the process.)

Reaction Score
If you have not heard this before, you have not heard anything like this before. It'll take 13 1/2 minutes of your life, but I think you'll end up wondering how the heck he did that. (And get some grins in the process.)

Shades of the early 70s! Holy Cow!
Pretty sure that I heard this only one time, on late night WPLR (with The Stoneman??) and wasn't really sure what I had just listened to.
After reading the video description and the comments, it all (sorta) makes sense after all these years.
Interesting selection for sure. :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Judith Durham's voice is so distinctive.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hopefully this isn't up above somewhere. I keep flip flopping between Arlo's version and Willie's. This one is just different because you don't see these things happen to often. The Highwaymen City of New Orleans.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
All the other songs I've posted I've known for at least several years, if not decades. This one I only heard a few weeks ago, but I really like it.

Reaction Score

With all (OK, some) due respect, "Horse With No Name" has some of the most insipid lyrics in the history of popular music. Just a few examples:

"There were plants and birds and rocks and things
There was sand and hills and rings..."

"The heat was hot..."

"Under the cities lies a heart made of ground
But the humans will give no love..."

And the all-time blue ribbon winner:

"'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain..."

Jeez!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors