Focus on Duke and the Oregon trip | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Focus on Duke and the Oregon trip

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I include myself in the crowd of folks who don’t know how to rank well.
I guess then you leave many of us scratching our heads on your ranking comments about who you think is top 10 and who is nominally in the Top 25. Yes I understand it’s still early in the season with many P5 teams feasting upon “sisters of the poor” but observers can still make some assessments.
For me, my top 10 are
1. SC
2. Stanford
3. UConn
4.tOSU
5. Indiana
6. ND
7. NC State
8. Iowa State
9. Iowa
10. Texas
and I have Duke at #25 (at least for this week)….

Reaction Score
I guess then you leave many of us scratching our heads on your ranking comments about who you think is top 10 and who is nominally in the Top 25. Yes I understand it’s still early in the season with many P5 teams feasting upon “sisters of the poor” but observers can still make some assessments.
For me, my top 10 are
1. SC
2. Stanford
3. UConn
4.tOSU
5. Indiana
6. ND
7. NC State
8. Iowa State
9. Iowa
10. Texas
and I have Duke at #25 (at least for this week)….
Scratch on, then. I’ve been scratching too. Your list is similar to the one I came up with for the last poll. I had NC St Iowa and Texas a bit lower but still in the top 25.

A few folks have been warning us about the emptiness of early season rankings. It’s probably more true now, in the portal era, than ever before. The only way to stop the head scratching may be to stop ranking until January. Of course that’s not likely to happen.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Am I correct in saying that the game is at 6 ct time? Which means at 5 Central? I so wish that folks would take the time to specify zone.
Because we have visitors from coast to coast that visit the boneyard daily, I ALWAYS list the time zone when I post a comment. Because most of the readers are in the EASTERN time zone, I ALWAYS list any time referenced as EASTERN time, and I put an "ET" behind the time. Folks in other time zones are smart enough to figure out what the time is in their time zone. It can be confusing to some. :confused:

I agree with you that it would be nice if others would take that into consideration when posting times, by taking into account that people from coast to coast will be reading your post, to also put the time zone referenced what ever it is. Poster Olimpia Mi who joined the yard in November of 2021 resides in Milano Italy. I know we also have regular readers who post from time to time in Alaska and Hawaii.

Note.......When I look at start times for games in the ESPN app on my iPhone, it ALWAYS gives the time in MY time zone which is PACIFIC time (PT). It adjusts the time for everyone regardless of where you are in the USA. Example....our game today has a 3:00 pm start time on the ESPN app on MY phone. I hope this helps. :cool:

Time zones in the USA

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because we have visitors from coast to coast that visit the boneyard daily, I ALWAYS list the time zone when I post a comment. Because most of the readers are in the EASTERN time zone, I ALWAYS list any time referenced as EASTERN time, and I put an "ET" behind the time. Folks in other time zones are smart enough to figure out what the time is in their time zone. It can be confusing to some. :confused:

I agree with you that it would be nice if others would take that into consideration when posting times, by taking into account that people from coast to coast will be reading your post, to also put the time zone referenced what ever it is. Poster Olimpia Mi who joined the yard in November of 2021 resides in Milano Italy. I know we also have regular readers who post from time to time in Alaska and Hawaii.

Note.......When I look at start times for games in the ESPN app on my iPhone, it ALWAYS gives the time in MY time zone which is PACIFIC time (PT). It adjusts the time for everyone regardless of where you are in the USA. Example....our game today has a 3:00 pm start time on the ESPN app on MY phone. I hope this helps. :cool:

Time zones in the USA
Thanks Carnac. This is helpful as I never really thought of that. When I post regarding game times I usually list MST for Mountain standard Time but I can see where that would be confusing given the various decisions by localities to adopt DST.

Also interesting the breadth of participants that are BYers. I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in the past but would be interesting to know how many localities and states are represented on the board. If I were to guess I wouldn't be surprised if all 50 states plus DC plus PR have been on the board and what maybe 20 plus countries

Reaction Score
Thanks Carnac. This is helpful as I never really thought of that. When I post regarding game times I usually list MST for Mountain standard Time but I can see where that would be confusing given the various decisions by localities to adopt DST.

Also interesting the breadth of participants that are BYers. I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in the past but would be interesting to know how many localities and states are represented on the board. If I were to guess I wouldn't be surprised if all 50 states plus DC plus PR have been on the board and what maybe 20 plus countries
Here's a shoutout from a fellow MST fan, in my case from the mountains of New Mexico! We only share a time zone for part of a year, I guess.

Reaction Score
Here's a shoutout from a fellow MST fan, in my case from the mountains of New Mexico! We only share a time zone for part of a year, I guess.
Greetings! I've had more than a passing interest in New Mexico. Past three seasons. I awarded them the moniker the wandering Lobos as in the covid year every game seem to be on the road.

One of my interests in wbb is twins playing on the same team and of course the Lobos have the Duff twins who came back as super seniors this year I think

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom