Fluffy+++ game before PKI | The Boneyard

Fluffy+++ game before PKI

Reaction Score
I’m genuinely concerned with having this game right before PKI. I can think of absolutely nothing to gain from this game, players or coaches.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Get some run, sure but why against ranked 360 out of 361 D1 men’s team? Now both AJ and Hawk performed poorly against a much inferior team, what happened to their state of mind when next up against Oregon? What have we learned? What weakness on our team have the other team exposed? Nada…

Reaction Score
Get some run, sure but why against ranked 360 out of 361 D1 men’s team? Now both AJ and Hawk performed poorly against a much inferior team, what happened to their state of mind when next up against Oregon? What have we learned? What weakness on our team have the other team exposed? Nada…
That’s why you play Delaware state, maybe Ajax and Hawkins were saving their wad for Oregon.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
It should have a better ramp of difficulty, I like that we play a HBCU but if we're talking ranked #360 then maybe they should be the first or second game - not the fifth. Let's get some mid/low 200 level at least for the last couple so we're not slammed by a big jump in game quality.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I think we're good, "Fluffy" time over.

Lets Go Time GIF by NETFLIX

Reaction Score
Sure this was by design with a short week due to holiday travel you get a game in on a Sunday.

Reaction Score

This game was scheduled long before they were ranked 360/361. We knew they'd be a cupcake game, but not this bad. Everyone schedules at least 3 or 4 cupcakes to tune up for big-time competition. Buffalo and UNCW are better teams than we made them look as well. I'd expect them both to make a run to win their conference.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
You play who's on your schedule, and you prepare to play every single game, giving your best effort. That's what good teams do. We'll see how it goes against tougher opponents very soon, but thus far I haven't seen any playing down to or overlooking our opponents, which would be of concern. So far, so good.

Reaction Score
This game was scheduled long before they were ranked 360/361. We knew they'd be a cupcake game, but not this bad. Everyone schedules at least 3 or 4 cupcakes to tune up for big-time competition. Buffalo and UNCW are better teams than we made them look as well. I'd expect them both to make a run to win their conference.

non sequitur. You could have just said the 1st sentence and be done with it. But then your would have agreed with me, more or less.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s basically a glorified practice. Get in win right away and get out healthy.

Reaction Score
This is the standard cupcake pre MTE that most teams play. The only difference is this was home instead of the usual random city in Cali

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Oregon isn’t exactly a world beater to be worried about getting warmed up for. They’re going to be a good rest, but it’s not like they’re ranked.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’m genuinely concerned with having this game right before PKI. I can think of absolutely nothing to gain from this game, players or coaches.

Thoughts?
My thoughts, you ask?

I really enjoyed watching the team dominate today. I haven't heard the players or coaches express that nothing was gained by playing such a game. I hope they had a good time and learned about themselves and each other.

I'm not feeling genuineIy concerned. I get that you are. I'm not interested in swaying you.

I do expect that some team weaknesses & player limitations will show up as the competition elevates, but for now it's been fun getting acquainted with the 6 new players who have gotten meaningful minutes. I've liked the variety of player combinations, and the displays of individual & collaborative skills.

I wish Richie play some more minutes, but that's just a personal preference.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
DH talked about this in the after game - pretty much he said it's not up to him and he doesn't like them either.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oregon isn’t exactly a world beater to be worried about getting warmed up for. They’re going to be a good rest, but it’s not like they’re ranked.
They’re like 300 spots higher on kenpom than any team we’ve faced. Their bigs have the size and talent to give Sanogo and Don something they haven’t seen this year. Our team last year wasn’t a world beater either, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t have talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom