Florida St vs Notre Dame - 3/03/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida St vs Notre Dame - 3/03/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ogunbawale will come out tough? After those two dirty plays what more can she do? She's making Sophie Cunningham look like a sissy. :rolleyes:

Tough basketball wise by making shots. Not karate kick tough

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Nice to see a competitive close game. Hope it stays that way til the end.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Mabrey unreal. Buzzer 3 under pressure to give ND 62-60 lead after 3Q

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My view of Arike is to let her take difficult shots. Don’t let her get set. Force her away from her spots and make her shoot off balance. She will try any shot. When she takes the ball out of the hands of Young and Mabrey, it can be a good thing for the opponent.

You think Mabrey is a non-factor and out of the play. Then suddenly she swishes one from 25’. It’s a family thing.

As Geno and Doug discuss, it’s called basket-ball. FSU is far more athletic, but ND can put the ball in the basket.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Memo to FSU: Stop the ball...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Nice to see a competitive close game. Hope it stays that way til the end.

As soon as I say that FSU plays crummy and ND goes up double digits :(

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Big game tomorrow. Louisville has won 2 close games. Are they ready for ND? My gut says Irish win fairly easily.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While ND & Louisville both made it to the conference final as expected, they both look like they’re vulnerable to an upset in the tournament for different reasons. ND is suspect on defense and Louisville goes through periods when their offense appears constipated.

Reaction Score
Lot's of poor decisions by Fla. St. down the stretch, on both sides of the ball !

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rock, do you know the ACC infatuation with Greensboro? I mean it’s not like the attendance is great for any of these sessions.

Well since I'm a resident of Greensboro, I can answer the question better than rocky.. But presently I stopped off after the game and am getting chinese takeout. Short version.. The ACC is headquartered here.. And until recently led all the conferences in tournament attendance. . I can post a more detailed answer after I get home and finish my orange chicken :cool:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Mabrey may be the best 36% 3pt shooter I’ve seen. Such a quick release and every time she shoots it looks like it’s going in.

She got off to a horrible start this year and tanked her average. She shot 41% in conference play, which is more in line with her skill level.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@DefenseBB

When the ACC moved the tourney to Greensboro in 2000... it was a 9 team conference... with 8 teams within a 4 hour drive... 4 teams within an hour drive.... even with the 2004 expansion... there were 9 teams within 4 hours. It has a large arena with an special events center under the same roof that is large enough to hold the popular FanFest. Large enough city (approximately 290,000) with enough hotels in the area for all of the teams and their fans. Like i said before..... attendance has in the past been the best of the conferences... especially for the semi-finals and finals. One year 2012...... a GaTech-Maryland Final drew over 9,000..... as many as the final between ND and UCONN.... in HARTFORD the same year. (although thats Sunday afternoon vs a monday evening) The ACC believed in growing the tournament by keeping it in the same city.... as opposed to changing every year like the SEC does. Plus... if you ask the head coaches... they love playing in Greensboro.....

Attendance has been on the decline in recent years.... due in part to the decline of UNC.cheat and Duke's programs. Hopefully both schools will get back on track... and their fanbase will return. Also...hopefully UVA will rebound... and VPI will continue to get stronger... that will help as both schools are within a 3 hour drive of Greensboro.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
@DefenseBB

When the ACC moved the tourney to Greensboro in 2000... it was a 9 team conference... with 8 teams within a 4 hour drive... 4 teams within an hour drive.... even with the 2004 expansion... there were 9 teams within 4 hours. It has a large arena with an special events center under the same roof that is large enough to hold the popular FanFest. Large enough city (approximately 290,000) with enough hotels in the area for all of the teams and their fans. Like i said before..... attendance has in the past been the best of the conferences... especially for the semi-finals and finals. One year 2012. a GaTech-Maryland Final drew over 9,000..... as many as the final between ND and UCONN.... in HARTFORD the same year. (although thats Sunday afternoon vs a monday evening) The ACC believed in growing the tournament by keeping it in the same city.... as opposed to changing every year like the SEC does. Plus... if you ask the head coaches... they love playing in Greensboro.....

Attendance has been on the decline in recent years.... due in part to the decline of UNC and Duke's programs. Hopefully both schools will get back on track... and their fanbase will return. Also...hopefully UVA will rebound... and VPI will continue to get stronger... that will help as both schools are within a 3 hour drive of Greensboro.
Did you just say that “hopefully UNC will get back on track”? Is that like poor Nell tied to the tracks by the sinister Snidely Whiplash?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Did you just say that “hopefully UNC will get back on track”? Is that like poor Nell tied to the tracks by the sinister Snidely Whiplash?

Well its always more fun to beat UNC.Cheat when they are good.. as opposed to when they are bad. Plus.. when they are good... the bandwagon fans show up at the Coliseum.... didnt see too many of them this year.

You made me google Snidely Whiplash.... I remember that cartoon.... didnt know the names.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
With both Notre Dame and Louisville reaching the final of the ACC tournament, I believe this locks them into the #3 and #4 spots (with only a slight chance of moving up to #2 if Miss St were to lose tomorrow).

Beating TCU for a 3rd time tomorrow will do little to help Baylor's resume, and beating Texas again in the Big 12 final will not be enough to crack the top 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom