Florida QB Tyler Murphy to transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Florida QB Tyler Murphy to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Teams like the Huskies get at best all league players in states like Georgia or Florida. Maybe

CT has a very small handful of quality players

Hey I used to live in Madison and Hand had 190 lbs linemen

When I lived in Georgia, the offensive line averaged 290 LBs when my son went there in high school

12 SEC scholarships on one team in one year

Their QB was Charlie Whitehurst who is in the NFL

CT FB is Pop Warner

How can you compete! No recruits in CT

What a crappy coaching job?

Yeah we all saw that at the Papa John Bowl with South Carolina. Those 290 lbs linemen did a superb job of not having their QB sacked more than 4 0r 5 times. And Charlie Whitehurst (aka D. Garcia) was awesome under center that day as were all the former South Carolina recruits landed by the Gamecocks during that time. Also the only crappy coaching done that day was by Steve Superior.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah we all saw that at the Papa John Bowl with South Carolina. Those 290 lbs linemen did a superb job of not having their QB more than 4 0r 5 times. And Charlie Whitehurst was awesome under center that day as were all the former South Carolina recruits landed by the Gamecocks during that time. Also the only crappy coaching done that day was by Steve Superior.

Um Charlie Whitehurst went to Clemson and was selected in the 2006 draft.

Reaction Score
Um Charlie Whitehurst went to Clemson and was selected in the 2006 draft.

Duh! I went back and added an edit (D. Garcia) anticipating that someone might actually not follow the sarcasm and really believe that I thought C. Whitehurst went to USC. I probably didn't need to do that, ya think?

Love when BY are defending against outsiders like Vogel and then one of our own wants to jump in "to save the day".

Reaction Score
Duh! I went back and added an edit (D. Garcia) anticipating that someone might actually not follow the sarcasm and really believe that I thought C. Whitehurst went to USC.
Not trying to be a picky sort but your edit is wrong. The S. Carolina QB that day was S. Garcia (Stephen). My son-in-law's cousin is G. A . Mangus the QB coach at South Carolina. We all had dinner later that month and he said Spurrier was really disgusted with the loss. He also said UConn had one of the best shutdown days against them in memory. He said they were trying like heck to score and avoid their first shutout in 3 years. They did with about 2 minutes to go. He also implied that Alshon Jeffery had been bragging about how this game was going to be his highlight reel. He was almost shut out (3 short receptions). Their fans may want to play down the defeat but we impressed the heck out of those coaches--and players.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a picky sort but your edit is wrong. The S. Carolina QB that day was S. Garcia (Stephen). My son-in-law's cousin is G. A . Mangus the QB coach at South Carolina. We all had dinner later that month and he said Spurrier was really disgusted with the loss. He also said UConn had one of the best shutdown days against them in memory. He said they were trying like heck to score and avoid their first shutout in 3 years. They did with about 2 minutes to go. He also implied that Alshon Jeffery had been bragging about how this game was going to be his highlight reel. He was almost shut out (3 short receptions). Their fans may want to play down the defeat but we impressed the heck out of those coaches--and players.

Correction accepted. Stephen! . . . should have known that, my bad. As for the rest of your post . . . . . my point exactly. UConn was quickly becoming a player (a potential Top 25 player on some years) at the BCS/D1 level. They were doing or had done everything metaphorically asked of them. And then . . . . more conference realignment crap and two and a half years of the Paul P debacle and UConn has been relegated to insignificance again on the college football landscape. Put Tennessee, Arkansas and other SEC teams in the AAC and lets see how much of a national player they are in 4 or 5 years. How dominant has West Virginia been in the last two years? Didn't they used to be a fixture at New Year's Day Bowls. Weren't they in the running for an NC a couple of times? Now, they are an also-ran fixture in their conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Duh! I went back and added an edit (D. Garcia) anticipating that someone might actually not follow the sarcasm and really believe that I thought C. Whitehurst went to USC. I probably didn't need to do that, ya think?

Love when BY are defending against outsiders like Vogel and then one of our own wants to jump in "to save the day".

He's an idiot, I'm not defending him - was just pointing out Whitehurst had nothing to do with that game.

Reaction Score
He's an idiot, I'm not defending him - was just pointing out Whitehurst had nothing to do with that game.

He is an idiot, partner. But honest . . . I did know that Whitehurst had nothing to do with that game. I was messing with him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He is an idiot, partner. But honest . . . I did know that Whitehurst had nothing to do with that game. I was messing with him.

I know that know, but didn't catch the sarcasm in your post.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Impressive first game for Murphy at BCU.

Tyler Murphy 17/24 173 7.2 1 1 84.5
Led team in rushing as well
Tyler Murphy 13 118 9.1 1 31

Outlow 2 carries 3 yards (Freshman from NL I believe)
No Shakim Phillips in stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek