Florida QB Tyler Murphy to transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida QB Tyler Murphy to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you watch any college football?

A below average QB at an SEC school is far better than anything UConn has or ever had

Agree. Same thing at LB. Look what that transfer from Florida did. Made me forget all about those 2* guys who could not possibly compete against SEC talent like, I don't know..........South Carolina. Let's face it, Smallwood and Sio and Lutrus and Wilson and Fincher and Lansanah.....they're no Stewart.

I watch a lot of college football and I believe what I see with my own eyes a hell of a lot more than what the media and recruiting sites tell me I should believe.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Teams like the Huskies get at best all league players in states like Georgia or Florida. Maybe

CT has a very small handful of quality players

Hey I used to live in Madison and Hand had 190 lbs linemen

When I lived in Georgia, the offensive line averaged 290 LBs when my son went there in high school

12 SEC scholarships on one team in one year

Their QB was Charlie Whitehurst who is in the NFL

CT FB is Pop Warner

How can you compete! No recruits in CT

What a crappy coaching job?

What the k are you babbling about? Just leave moran.

Reaction Score
I have no problems with Murphy transferring here to back up Cochran and Boyle.
A little premature, what about Kevon Taylor. Didn't Coach P call him the one of the best athlete on the team. If he doesn't transfer he has to be in the mix. We have to show some props to a player already here.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm thinking that he is looking for Grad. School admittance first and foremost/// and come in as a walk on. Maybe obtuse thinking but who knows...don't know if
he is even on Kiper's board. If that is the case, then why not maybe even working with the Grad Assts that break down film .....

He played quarterback at an SEC school this year. He's not transferring to break down film. He's transferring to play football.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I remember when Miami was known as Quarterback U (I know, they aren't an SEC school but they did operate in SEC country and kecked SEC backside regularly) they normally went north (or west) to find their QB's. They went from Jim Kelly (Pa) to Bernie Kosar (Oh) to Vinny Testaverde (Long Island) to Steve Walsh (St Paul Mn) to Craid Erickson (OK, one southern kid, from southern Florida where the culture is northern) to Gino Torretta (California).

I personally believe that Vogel is overstating QB play in the confederacy.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The only way I see him considering us is if Whitmer decides to not come back- then he could slot in if we redshirt Boyle next year.

Reaction Score
He's not coming to UConn. I have no inside information, but look at our depth chart at QB. Why would he step into that situation?

Reaction Score
He played quarterback at an SEC school this year. He's not transferring to break down film. He's transferring to play football.
See your point Whaler and realize that you maybe right. Can't see him contributing on the field. He's a dual threat QB that was #3 on the Florida depth chart until injuries. Can't see him pulling
off a Russell Wilson move either. Like the Fordham thought previously stated...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think he's better off playing another position but let's not go crazy that he couldn't compete at Quarterback at UConn.

He played well enough to beat Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas. As bad as those three they are still light years better than Rutgers, Temple and Memphis (and yes I know Rutgers beat Arkansas)

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
The only way I see him considering us is if Whitmer decides to not come back- then he could slot in if we redshirt Boyle next year.

Shhhh, Whitmer is from Georgia, but don't tell Vogel. He once saw an awesome high school team from Georgia so there is no way 2 QBs from crappy little CT could be better than him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you watch any college football?

A below average QB at an SEC school is far better than anything UConn has or ever had
Yeah I watch a LOT of college football! He can't hit the broad side of a barn throwing the ball...ONLY played for the WORST UF teaming a LONG time because of injuries! I wish him luck where ever he ends up. You must be a family member, friend, or neighbor!

Reaction Score
He's already a Junior. Don't bring in another QB to create more controversy. I think it's pretty clear whom the Huskies should move forward with at QB.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
B Vogel said:
Do you watch any college football? A below average QB at an SEC school is far better than anything UConn has or ever had
Pretty uninformed statement. While Danny O is not Peyton Manning, he's certainly better than if even say most SEC WB's.

Reaction Score
I think Okie State might be a good option. Just to tweek Lagow who is there with two others in the same class......

Reaction Score
Teams like the Huskies get at best all league players in states like Georgia or Florida. Maybe

CT has a very small handful of quality players

Hey I used to live in Madison and Hand had 190 lbs linemen

When I lived in Georgia, the offensive line averaged 290 LBs when my son went there in high school

12 SEC scholarships on one team in one year

Their QB was Charlie Whitehurst who is in the NFL

CT FB is Pop Warner

How can you compete! No recruits in CT

What a crappy coaching job?

Hahaha. SEC football is so great that they recruit CT for QBs and CT has no talent. You make zero sense. On ignore now.

Last edited:

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Hahaha. SEC football is a great that they recruit CT for QBs and CT has no talent. You make zero sense. On ignore now.

Haha, you could legitimately make an argument that the best offensive player on Florida's team for the last 4 years in a row was from Connecticut.

Reaction Score

Didn't see this posted anywhere. I can't see him coming back. If he doesn't go the FCS route then the fire inside is probably gone.

Whitmer Making A Call

Junior quarterback Chandler Whitmer is deciding if his playing career is over. He

was spotted in the Burton Family Football Complex shortly before Diaco's press conference and said he's deciding if it's best to return, transfer or leave the game altogether.

Whitmer said he's been thinking about it for a while and could come to a decision soon.

From an outdated article that looks like it was changed around and reposted on Des's blog.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1214-20131213,0,7825173.story

Reaction Score
Spoke with his parents before this season started and they said he would be transferring. Most likely to a local school, they hinted at BCU.

I broke this news on December 15th. I'm practically a professional now (I Kid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom