Florida QB Tyler Murphy to transfer | The Boneyard

Florida QB Tyler Murphy to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we're set b/w Cochran and Boyle, but does anyone think we'd have a shot at him? He'd be eligible for one year and can play right away.

He's from Wethersfield too

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My guess he goes to a FCS school so he can play right away

Reaction Score
My guess he goes to a FCS school so he can play right away
He will be eligible to play at a FBS level school right away because he is graduating. He has ZERO shot at starting here...

Reaction Score
He would be the at least the 7th offensive player leaving the program this week. Florida also fired the OC and OL coaches.

Reaction Score
Spoke with his parents before this season started and they said he would be transferring. Most likely to a local school, they hinted at BCU.

Reaction Score
I know we're set b/w Cochran and Boyle, but does anyone think we'd have a shot at him? He'd be eligible for one year and can play right away.

If anything, transferring in would be good marketing and PR for recruits and JUCO transfers....even if he was in grad school here and riding the pine.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Does he play TE?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Do not want. Adds absolutely nothing to the program. Waste of a scholly as a QB and Foxx is a better slot WR.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He'd be wise to transfer to another position. Would give him a shot to play on Sundays.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
He'd be wise to transfer to another position. Would give him a shot to play on Sundays.

Yeah, and even that is probably too little too late. Should have moved to WR immediately upon entering college.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, and even that is probably too little too late. Should have moved to WR immediately upon entering college.

It's never too late. Hell Brian Fair got an invite to an NFL camp and he chose to play shooting guard (yes I know he played like 2 football games in the secondary at UConn).

Reaction Score
Do not want. Adds absolutely nothing to the program. Waste of a scholly as a QB and Foxx is a better slot WR.
With one year remaining, might not have to give him a scholly i.e. grad school. Obviously not going in the draft looking for a career after football. Which could be continued into
a Graduate Ass't position depending on his own aspirations. Would not hurt the program and could help, even with a clipboard.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
With one year remaining, might not have to give him a scholly i.e. grad school. Obviously not going in the draft looking for a career after football. Which could be continued into
a Graduate Ass't position depending on his own aspirations. Would not hurt the program and could help, even with a clipboard.

If what you wrote above is why he would come to UConn (as a walk-on), I'd be all for it.

Reaction Score
If what you wrote above is why he would come to UConn (as a walk-on), I'd be all for it.
I'm thinking that he is looking for Grad. School admittance first and foremost/// and come in as a walk on. Maybe obtuse thinking but who knows...don't know if
he is even on Kiper's board. If that is the case, then why not maybe even working with the Grad Assts that break down film .....

Reaction Score
Do you watch any college football?

A below average QB at an SEC school is far better than anything UConn has or ever had

I think Casey would do quite well with Florida's OL and WR/TE's. It goes both ways.

Reaction Score

A below average QB at an SEC school is far better than anything UConn has or ever had
Stop it. He did not distinguish himself as a passer of the football. He thought he was too good for UConn coming out of High school. Don't want him. Got a feeling RU is in play here

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

Joking, right? Murphy is a bad qb in the worst offense in the SEC. Cochran and Boyle both have more upside at the position. If we want to use a running qb that can't throw, McCummings is a better option than Murphy would be.

Reaction Score

Why would we want a shot at anyone with one year of eligibility??? Why as someone suggested would he come here to ride the pine?
We recruited him as a safety with Obi, Ty and two others on the roster and possibly another coming in we are pretty well set there.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...hos-that-guy-florida-quarterback-tyler-murphy

My biggest disappointment of this season was not our record but the fact coach Day and TJ bought into Pauls hype of prototypical at all positions.
They realized way too late who should have been under center at the start of the season. Not something I am saying after the fact. Flutie & Tebow are very much proof that college and the NFL are somewhat different games.
Then again this young man being from Wethersfield, I could be completly not understanding of this importance and wrong....

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

Cody Endres, Casey Cochran, and Dan Orlovsky were/are all demonstatably better than this schlub. And how did a subpar SEC school do vs. UConn in the Pizza bowl? Do remind me.

It's also very obvious you are the worst kind of "fan"; a bandwagoner that supports UConn basketball and SEC football. I'm embarrassed that you post on this board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe Florida does a very poor job of coaching up qb's.

Reaction Score
Teams like the Huskies get at best all league players in states like Georgia or Florida. Maybe

CT has a very small handful of quality players

Hey I used to live in Madison and Hand had 190 lbs linemen

When I lived in Georgia, the offensive line averaged 290 LBs when my son went there in high school

12 SEC scholarships on one team in one year

Their QB was Charlie Whitehurst who is in the NFL

CT FB is Pop Warner

How can you compete! No recruits in CT

What a crappy coaching job?

Apples and oranges....CT has a very small footprint and if we pick off the top in CT...along with an expansive geographical East coast footprint , we will do well going forward seeing the new breath of energy coming in.....WHAT'S Your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom