Florida Geography | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida Geography

Reaction Score
Have you lived in Florida? People are moving there because it's inexpensive and has better weather. But that has caused other problems. And it already had problems that won't be solved in my lifetime. And tbh, I wouldn't want to live in Florida or Connecticut these days. But if forced to live in either I'd take Connecticut.

And my comment was tongue in cheek. See the smiley face?

Unfortunately, much of Florida is very expensive now. All of the major markets are fairly pricey. The cost of living benefit is gone except that there is no state income tax.

Reaction Score
Have you lived in Florida? People are moving there because it's inexpensive and has better weather. But that has caused other problems. And it already had problems that won't be solved in my lifetime. And tbh, I wouldn't want to live in Florida or Connecticut these days. But if forced to live in either I'd take Connecticut.

And my comment was tongue in cheek. See the smiley face?
I’ve lived in Florida 21years and counting, have 2 homes and a mobile electronics store. Had 3 stores in Connecticut and made less money ( taxes and payroll). My primary residence is being listed for $950.000 and my mothers 1200 sqft house in Newington )$160,000 is slight lower than the taxes on the house I’m selling in Florida plus the 8%income tax in CT vs 0%in Florida. And you guys are dumping on Florida ?

Reaction Score
Yes, and we wouldn’t have Oklahoma State if it wasn’t for the Big 12 challenge. why, just think, we could have played Trinity or Wesleyan instead.
Have you been to bridgeport, Hartford or numerous other cess pools in Connecticut for the past 50 years. Last I checked Florida has a rapidly growing population and Connecticut has a rapidly shrinking population. If you live in a glass house, we’ll you know the rest
Well not exactly. Connecticut has added population over the past decade. Not shrinking at all. But thanks for playing. Have you been to New Haven recently? Or Stamford? Every state has its Bridgeports.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1659489421793.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
one more clown here says anything disrespectful of Bridgeport, and im comin for ya. me, moose, rocco, shorty j, larry from PT, eileen from the block (she's got nails that will rip your flesh off), old man Mcnair, one eyed alice, jimmy two times, fat tony and his girl colt 45, ... all of us.
im not muscle, im just the guy who turns off your electricity, and empties your bank account with the stroke of a key.
my'uns, from the 1890s hat shop over on East Main, were in Florida since then, and have the pictures (in a studio, with sand on the floor and fake palm trees) to prove it. great grand uncle was buying land in Orlando before walt disney ever heard of that taco stand.
back off!
imma mostly miami beacher, i think it's a commandment from the Bible, but lately, i've grown increasingly fond of the top of the gulf. tranquil. mellow.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
my street, my house, in Connecticut, New England, USA, is higher in elevation than anywhere in that whole dang state, with the beach aboot 10 minutes or so down the road.
stick that in your hurricane, and drink it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the First Baptist Church vs Second Baptist Church punchline.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, much of Florida is very expensive now. All of the major markets are fairly pricey. The cost of living benefit is gone except that there is no state income tax.
Lived in Naples - Lunch on me if you are even in the Venice area.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom