Florida Geography | The Boneyard

Florida Geography

Reaction Score
We all make mistakes. Gainesville is a dump. Tallahassee a dump. I want them to play in Venice
As an owner of property in every place you mentioned and others, Venice is the biggest dump. The beach can’t save it from being the place people that can’t afford Naples and Sarasota go. Venice is a haven for people from Rhode Island and Fall River, MA that never made it. I hate it. So many cheese balls.

Tally and Gainesville are good towns. Major economic engines, diverse people, big trees and most importantly, almost no one from Southeastern Ma or Rhode Island to be found.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As an owner of property in every place you mentioned and others, Venice is the biggest dump. The beach can’t save it from being the place people that can’t afford Naples and Sarasota go. Venice is a haven for people from Rhode Island and Fall River, MA that never made it. I hate it. So many cheese balls.

Tally and Gainesville are good towns. Major economic engines, diverse people, big trees and most importantly, almost no one from Southeastern Ma or Rhode Island to be found.
Animated GIF

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

well, that's not very nice...

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Oh don’t get me wrong I wasn’t being critical of it at all. I say “embrace the hate”.
i hate them episode 2 GIF by Star Wars
fine. thanks for the 411, and now i'll remove the like..
and, for the record, i like Florida, the good, the bad, and the ugly, like everywhere else not situated in crapistan. crapistan is baaaad, real baaad.
Florida is way better.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
fine. thanks for the 411, and now i'll remove the like..
and, for the record, i like Florida, the good, the bad, and the ugly, like everywhere else not situated in crapistan. crapistan is baaaad, real baaad.
Florida is way better.
I only want them if you mean them

Reaction Score
Well, a thread on non-conference games, and resettled UConn fans living in south Florida goobered it up over who has crappier regions in less than 25 posts.

That's meth'd up.
Hey, if it were up to me, we’d give Florida back to Spain. Though I’m not sure they’d take it. And New Jersey to the Russians, because, well, they deserve it. Beautify America in two easy moves.

The home schedule is once again a trash pit. I looked at it and thought that the Stonehill game was a joke. Of course, these invitational things don‘t help. The best non-league games are at neutral sites. Good for the promoters, bad for the local fans, but hey, who cares. And can we stop the season creep. Pretty soon we will open on Labor Day.

Reaction Score

Not my kindest reply. I apologize to huskyinfl. I may or may not have had a few craft beers and a couple of whiskey drinks after work yesterday----then got nagged by the wife for being out after work too much in the last couple of weeks. That made me grumpy.

Reaction Score

I’m assuming u have/had kids at FSU and UF but why property in Venice? Or just an investor?

I like the comment a 20 something made to me about SW FL towns. Old people live in Sarasota and their parents live in Venice.

Reaction Score
I’m assuming u have/had kids at FSU and UF but why property in Venice? Or just an investor?

I like the comment a 20 something made to me about SW FL towns. Old people live in Sarasota and their parents live in Venice.

I just invest for the most part, but have two homes in Florida. Venice is the ultimate old people town. Tallahassee has some great areas, particularly if you like windy roads and giant grandaddy oaks. Gainesville has some nice areas too and there is plenty going on there.

I would generally never refer to any college town with a flagship state u as a dump. Of course, Baton Rouge would probably be the most obvious exception to that rule.

Reaction Score

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Many consider Venice a high quality small city including a major Art Center and a superb symphony. House values in Venice are now comparable with Sarasota, never with Naples, but then again the only way to move around the streets of Naples during tourist season is by foot, traffic is always at a standstill.

Reaction Score
I just invest for the most part, but have two homes in Florida. Venice is the ultimate old people town. Tallahassee has some great areas, particularly if you like windy roads and giant grandaddy oaks. Gainesville has some nice areas too and there is plenty going on there.

I would generally never refer to any college town with a flagship state u as a dump. Of course, Baton Rouge would probably be the most obvious exception to that rule.
What r your thoughts on the FL RE market? Overvalued or still investable?

Reaction Score
What r your thoughts on the FL RE market? Overvalued or still investable?
Prices are correcting some, but not too much. I'd invest in a good deal, but I probably wouldn't want to pay current market value for too many properties. It is hard to say, we are are seeing decreased demand but by any historical measure, demand is still very strong. We are only slow compared to the last two years, otherwise real estate sales and new construction permits look very favorable historically. Florida is going to continue to grow. Regardless of storms, heat, drinking water supplies etc., we are just at a point in time where Baby Boomers are heading south and it isn't going to change any time soon.

My thoughts on what to buy really vary by the specific area. One thing I have learned is that well located larger parcels with no HOA do really well. A conveniently located home on a usable 1/2 acre or more tends to appreciate very well in a state full of gated communities with 1/4 acre lots.

Reaction Score

Forgiven. I actually thought it was really funny. I live on a golf course by the beach in an HOA and I'm 41. You're right, it's an old people town but I've gotten 300% return on my home. I've lived in Naples Jacksonville in Tampa. There's nothing north of Tampa for me. I have a bunch of family in the area and they're getting older so I feel good about being able to help them.
I have also lived in baton rouge and hate it. It's my least favorite spot on the planet

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sure, Florida, no one goes there anymore. it's too popular.
2010-2020 + 2,736,877, and that's before the last two years are counted. now the third largest population in the Union.
looks like folks from New York, New Jersey, and New Bedford came on down.
tell them aboot the prizes they could win on the price is right, drew!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have you been to bridgeport, Hartford or numerous other cess pools in Connecticut for the past 50 years. Last I checked Florida has a rapidly growing population and Connecticut has a rapidly shrinking population. If you live in a glass house, we’ll you know the rest
Florida sucks.

Reaction Score
Have you been to bridgeport, Hartford or numerous other cess pools in Connecticut for the past 50 years. Last I checked Florida has a rapidly growing population and Connecticut has a rapidly shrinking population. If you live in a glass house, we’ll you know the rest
Have you lived in Florida? People are moving there because it's inexpensive and has better weather. But that has caused other problems. And it already had problems that won't be solved in my lifetime. And tbh, I wouldn't want to live in Florida or Connecticut these days. But if forced to live in either I'd take Connecticut.

And my comment was tongue in cheek. See the smiley face?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom