Flash Flood Watch Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Flash Flood Watch Today

Reaction Score
Headline on Courant website.

A 200 Year Old River Wall Is Collapsing In Middletown. Aerial Footage Reveals The Extent Of The Damage

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
@storrsroars, I found this unlistenable upon its release, and am curious as to what it sounds like today. Maybe I'll give "Live Rhymin' " a listen as well.

I'm guessing this is reference to the Simon thread, but I'll give you one to mull over. I've been borrowing a ton of CDs from our library of stuff I find interesting for often strange reasons. One CD was a McCartney tribute. There were a ton of name artists who did very faithful renditions of McCartney songs (and surprisingly KISS was a highlight with Venus & Mars).

And then there was Dylan's version of "Things We Said Today". What made that song stand out was that to an average listener like myself, Dylan didn't seem to have a single F to give when recording that. He might as well have been gargling kerosene while spitting fire as he was "singing". And that's what makes it amazing.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I still pretty regularly look for Dylan and the Band stuff on youtube. And say what you want about the Last Waltz, those two Dylan tunes were magic to see them play it off each other in that kind of filmed closeness. I still watch that set all the time. Wish they had it all on there.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm guessing this is reference to the Simon thread, but I'll give you one to mull over. I've been borrowing a ton of CDs from our library of stuff I find interesting for often strange reasons. One CD was a McCartney tribute. There were a ton of name artists who did very faithful renditions of McCartney songs (and surprisingly KISS was a highlight with Venus & Mars).

And then there was Dylan's version of "Things We Said Today". What made that song stand out was that to an average listener like myself, Dylan didn't seem to have a single F to give when recording that. He might as well have been gargling kerosene while spitting fire as he was "singing". And that's what makes it amazing.

Thanks for the YouTube link, which includes a basket full of polarized comments. Completely understandable.
The game I've played when seeing him live is, "How long will it be before I figure out what song this is?" The combination of crack musicianship, unfamiliar arrangements, atypical voicing, and irregularly comprehensible lyrics works for me. I have no need to convert anyone.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
upload_2018-9-18_13-0-54.jpeg

"CHIEF, MY MANNN !!!!!!!"

Reaction Score
@storrsroars, I found this unlistenable upon its release, and am curious as to what it sounds like today. Maybe I'll give "Live Rhymin' " a listen as well.

Mostly, I remember 1974 for Patty Hearst's kidnapping, Nixon's resignation, The National Lampoon Radio Hour, 41 games at Fenway Park, America's pre-"Jaws" cinematic heyday, 'discovering' (apart from my friends) Steely Dan, Little Feat, Randy Newman, Big Star, Mott the Hoople, and seeing Bruce Springsteen in a small bar in Cambridge called either Joe's Place or Charlie's Place...the joys of dropping out of college for a semester & following summer. A flood of memories.
I remember that year as the year I met my beautiful wife. Still together. Till death do us part.

C

Chief00

Congratulations to the Coach Hurley and his staff.
Additionally, congrats to the new Husky James Bouknight.

An aside, this dam stuff has been dam fun.

Go Huskies!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
r - Dylan was a bit juiced up with his Planet Waves release done in collaboration with the band during late 73- a truly under appreciated album

Planet waves is great. It didnt translate to the tour for me. the Band was fine, but the Dylan collabs laid pretty flat.

The 87 Dead/Dylan tour, while it had some highlights, was a disaster and that was attributable to both artists - bad timing I guess.

87's failures were all on Dylan, not the Dead. Dylan admits as much in "Chronicles" The Dead were a well oiled machine that summer and had a fricking top 10 charting pop hit of all things. They rehearsed the hell out of Dylan, and then Dylan came out for the tour and changed all the arrangements and keys on the fly and even called tunes live on stage that were never part of the 80 songs they rehearsed!

Do you deal with digital music. know how to handle .flac files? how about you @8893?

if you guys do, I have some mind blowing stuff I can share via PM.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Planet waves is great. It didnt translate to the tour for me. the Band was fine, but the Dylan collabs laid pretty flat.

87's failures were all on Dylan, not the Dead. Dylan admits as much in "Chronicles" The Dead were a well oiled machine that summer and had a fricking top 10 charting pop hit of all things. They rehearsed the hell out of Dylan, and then Dylan came out for the tour and changed all the arrangements and keys on the fly and even called tunes live on stage that were never part of the 80 songs they rehearsed!

Do you deal with digital music. know how to handle .flac files? how about you @8893?

if you guys do, I have some mind blowing stuff I can share via PM.
I don't do flac, but thanks for the offer. I do mp3/iTunes and have an extractor that helps convert some sources, but I don't believe it works for flac. I've never taken the time to set up flac capability.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I don't do flac, but thanks for the offer. I do mp3/iTunes and have an extractor that helps convert some sources, but I don't believe it works for flac. I've never taken the time to set up flac capability.

this is the easiest thing you can use. One click .flac>mp3 pretty much

Trader's Little Helper

I dont do source files in .mp3 because I dont like archiving stuff that is using lossy compression. I do listen to .mp3's most of the time and obviously streaming, but the goody I have on my computer right now you'd want in .flac and then burn cds of it for home/car. But also make .mp3's for your device.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
this is the easiest thing you can use. One click .flac>mp3 pretty much

Trader's Little Helper

I dont do source files in .mp3 because I dont like archiving stuff that is using lossy compression. I do listen to .mp3's most of the time and obviously streaming, but the goody I have on my computer right now you'd want in .flac and then burn cds of it for home/car. But also make .mp3's for your device.
Does it work on a Mac? That's what my home computer is, and that's where I store all my music and burn CDs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom