Five things we learned about UConn women’s basketball through the first 10 games of the season | The Boneyard

Five things we learned about UConn women’s basketball through the first 10 games of the season

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn coach Geno Auriemma warned reporters before the season that this year’s team was in a state of flux as the squad looked to find a new identity after graduating Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson. And while the Huskies have had their ups and downs through their first 10 games, they will enter 2020 undefeated and with the No. 1 ranking in the AP poll, marking the 21st season that the program has been ranked first at least once.

1577859347764.png

UConn still has a lot of basketball to play (including some huge games in the next six weeks) that will ultimately shape this team’s legacy. But even 10 games in, we still have a good idea of where this UConn team is and how it needs to develop by March. So before UConn resumes conference play this week with matchups against Wichita State on Thursday and SMU on Sunday, here are five things we’ve learned about the team:

[Article]

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn coach Geno Auriemma warned reporters before the season that this year’s team was in a state of flux as the squad looked to find a new identity after graduating Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson. And while the Huskies have had their ups and downs through their first 10 games, they will enter 2020 undefeated and with the No. 1 ranking in the AP poll, marking the 21st season that the program has been ranked first at least once.

View attachment 49566

UConn still has a lot of basketball to play (including some huge games in the next six weeks) that will ultimately shape this team’s legacy. But even 10 games in, we still have a good idea of where this UConn team is and how it needs to develop by March. So before UConn resumes conference play this week with matchups against Wichita State on Thursday and SMU on Sunday, here are five things we’ve learned about the team:

[Article]Why every time I try to read an article from the courant there is a pop up to pay? I don't live near Hartford and have no need for their news.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
I feel your pain! All the years I subscribed to the Courant and I get not one concession either. Needless to say, now that I have resumed my status as a Mainiac, I will give no more $$$ to the Courant.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
This is the kind of short-sighted thinking that undermines women's basketball, women's sports and overall news coverage. What on earth makes you think you deserve the reporter's labor for free?

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
This is the kind of short-sighted thinking that undermines women's basketball, women's sports and overall news coverage. What on earth makes you think you deserve the reporter's labor for free?
Because it's me? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Broadcast TV was/is free, that's why. We are used to advertisers paying for us to watch/listen free of charge. Maybe you aren't old enough to remember that? I agree with your point but I can still turn on a radio and listen to other peoples' music for free too.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I suspect that we actually don't know that much about how this team
is going to react against premium competition

And the converse is also true (in spades)...our opponents have little idea
how they will compete against us.

That is why the current rankings are meaningless (although its nice to be on top).

We'll sure know a great deal more in the middle of February.

(But if young Christyn gets her game together, I'd rather be in our shoes than their's).

Reaction Score
The things I learned were a) that this team is highly talented, and b) that there is a huge gap between their talent and their chemistry/cohesiveness/teamwork. What that implies is that they have a huge upside and the only question is how high they can reach in one season. So far, so good.

Reaction Score
1. Every player arrived at the game on time.
2. Every player who played touched the ball.
3. Every basket was made by a left hand, right hand, or both hands.
4. Every UCONN player ran in the correct direction, was able to talk, look at the fans in the stands, and still find the basket.
5. Every UCONN player has endured extreme mental and physical hardship to enable them to transform from a group and become a TREMENDOUS MACHINE while on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom