Five Shining Moments! | The Boneyard

Five Shining Moments!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

2011 vs Butler – Kemba and the kids

We followed up five wins in five days in the Big East tournament with detractors predicting our demise every step of the way. This put us a bit higher up in the rarified air that only truly elite programs breathe.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

2014 vs Kentucky

We kept getting better as the tournament progressed and we continued to knock of schools that the experts called “clearly the best team remaining”. We temporarily passed Kansas, caught Duke and moved within one of UNC in titles (who had a combined seven titles before we won our first). Rumor has it there was a headline at UNC stating “Once again UConn doing God’s work” as we knocked off Duke in each of our first two final fours and we knocked off Kentucky in the (then)most recent two final fours.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

2023 vs San Diego State

We once again passed Kansas, caught Duke and moved within one of UNC. We also caught Indiana, placing our program in a tie for fourth in all time tournament titles.

We additionally can now claim three consecutive head coaches winning it all here and can claim as good or better long term coaching situation than anyone. The best is yet to come for this staff.

Reaction Score
This is The Boneyard I like.
Tiger Woods Win GIF

caw

Reaction Score
Crazy isn't that UConn has won three additional NCAAT Championships since they made Gates cry, hey @kobe. May Betsey have a similar career. I mean assuming you all can come back from your four year tournament drought.

Reaction Score
Tristen Newton was unstoppable. He made the all-tournament team. Shot the lights out. Grabbed rebounds. Ran one of the most intricate offenses in the NCAA in the last 10 years. These accomplishments are huge. His play makes a joke out of everyone that doesn't see it, and I really question the acumen of "voters." No wonder your team sucks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
2014 - coming off probation, being stuck in the AAC and beating those storied programs in the dance. That was much more than shining - it was blinding

Reaction Score
Someone needs to do a collab of all 5 one shining moments in one video. That would look cool.

Reaction Score
The 2011 championship stands out to me because it was my first championship that I witnessed. The five wins in five days in the Big East Tournament will never be broken. And even if it is it will not match the level of competition.

DePaul Win
Georgetown Win
Pittsburgh Win (dont forget Kemba's shot)
Syracuse Win
Louisville win

UConn upset the 1, 3 and 4 seeds in the 2011 Big East Tournament.

Let's go for another Big East Tournament championship and national championship this season. Go UConn

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL, at those female reporters rocking the 80s shoulder pads. Seeing the news teams that I remember from Connecticut, like Dave Smith and Gayle King was fun too. Gayle King definitely made the most out of her career.

Oh what a fun time that was. The state was absolutely UConn obsessed, and a couple of years later Huskymania was in full bloom. Good memories.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Fun Fact:

We've never been the lower seed in any of our title games. The closest we came was our first (which coincidentally was our highest seeded title winner), where we and Duke were both one seeds As we won a coin flip for that game, we've worn home whites in every title game we participated in.

The 'always higher seed' situation is pretty incredible when you consider three of our titles were as a three, four and seven seed. We did knock off a one seed in three of out title runs (Duke 1999& 2004; Florida 2014).

Reaction Score
Great idea to watch this again today and get goose bumps for the season.

Or all of these above ^

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom