FIVE SEED | The Boneyard

FIVE SEED

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Is it possible that we are the favorite to win the AAC tourney? No one is hotter. I don't care what Wichita State did today.

Reaction Score
Had Wichita on one of my smaller TV's during our game. Really impressive showing for them today. Other than Houston, they scare me the most.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Had Wichita on one of my smaller TV's during our game. Really impressive showing for them today. Other than Houston, they scare me the most.

We’ve gone on to beat the top of the AAC in our current streak. Every team we lost to originally, we’ve won the rematch. This year we didn’t play in Kansas, so this would be our rematch with Witchita. There’s mojo potential there.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Is it possible that we are the favorite to win the AAC tourney? No one is hotter. I don't care what Wichita State did today.
Love your spirit, but if we play like today, we don't win 2 games.

Reaction Score
Greg Marshall is a great tournament coach, that game really scares me. Playing Tulane again won't be easy, would have preferred the 6 seed honestly.

Reaction Score
Today means nothing about how we’ll do in the tournament. Bad shooting night and sloppy d. Didnt want to give Tulane much to scout. We’re also a terrible road team. We’re also a good tournament team... Charleston. I’d expect a big win Thursday

g_smith

Reaction Score
Not an enjoyable game to watch today, but it had that “let’s get it over with feel.”

I expect Hurley to light a fire under our guys before Thursday and we come out re-energized.

Plus there was that odd situation where it was senior night for the Tulane player. Hurley’s an emotional guy and if you watched URI senior night before we picked him up, they lost their Senior night. He chalked it up to him being too emotional. With that behind us, I like our chances.

g_smith

Reaction Score
WWBS? what would Boatright say? Something about a taste?
“A baaaad taste in they mouths!”

I love Boatright. One of the toughest and most tenacious defensive guards in UConn history.

Alterique was playing that role this season but more so these past few games he has turned it up a notch. His defense against Houston was nothing short of incredible.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We just didn’t play well. We’ll dust them next time. I’d put money on it
If our defense shows up, Whaley doesn't finish like Carlton, and if Hurley can take a timeout before our lead evaporates

Reaction Score
We played like the game after our most important game of the year. It also was less than 72h after said game and included a fairly long plane trip.

We looked tired, a step slow, and a little emotionally drained. All game.

Kudos to them for holding it together enough to grind out an important win!

I expect a completely different team next Thursday!

g_smith

Reaction Score
If our defense shows up, Whaley doesn't finish like Carlton, and if Hurley can take a timeout before our lead evaporates

Whaley has emerged as this year’s surprise spark in a way that was almost too good to be true. Up until today he was shooting a high high percent from the paint. Today was a hiccup. He’ll be back on Thursday.

g_smith

Reaction Score
i don’t like this outcome friends.

we do have a history of very unhappy endings in March for the boys from Ohio

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members