Five questions that will define UConn-Baylor next season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Five questions that will define UConn-Baylor next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There are also quite a few who ARE on the team and ranked ahead of her who are not top 10 in all of those categories, most notable Tuck, Stewart and Jefferson.

I say it's more prudent to compare her performance with those who are on the team instead of those who aren't.

I ignored your first post on Prince's standing in the overall stats. I figured, let ETT have his fun and be proud of his incoming player. But, to the fact that Prince is in the top 10 in these selected categories as some holy grail of being better than Tuck, Stewart and Jefferson is just a little beyond ridiculous.

Just on the USA team:
  • Points per game - Prince (4), Stewart (2), Tuck (1), Jefferson (7)
  • Rebounds per game - Prince (3), Stewart (1), Tuck (6), Jefferson (5)
  • FG percentage - Prince (6), Stewart (1), Tuck (3), Jefferson (7)
  • Assists - Prince (3), Stewart (6), Tuck (7), Jefferson (2)
  • Steals - Prince (1), Stewart (5), Tuck (6), Jefferson (3)
  • 3 point FG percentage - Prince (3), Stewart (1), Tuck (5), Jefferson (5)
  • 3 point FG made - Prince (3), Stewart (2), Tuck (5), Jefferson (5)
  • Blocked shots - Prince (4), Stewart (1), Tuck (6), Jefferson (4)
  • FT taken - Prince (8), Stewart (1), Tuck (2), Jefferson (4)
  • FT made - Prince (8), Stewart (1), Tuck (2), Jefferson (3)
I added a few categories. Prince got to the line ONE time in 4 games. She also had 6 steals in one game. Great job, but it impacts the average for sure.

Prince was a very complete player, but does that make her better than the 3 you mentioned? Nahhhh....one of them was ranked higher on the team in every category except steals.

Just love numbers...lol.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think said she is better than those three, but I did point out that her overall stats demonstrate the she is a complete player.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I don't think said she is better than those three, but I did point out that her overall stats demonstrate the she is a complete player.

Hey,I just took your advice and was prudent by comparing to those on the team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I ignored your first post on Prince's standing in the overall stats. I figured, let ETT have his fun and be proud of his incoming player. But, to the fact that Prince is in the top 10 in these selected categories as some holy grail of being better than Tuck, Stewart and Jefferson is just a little beyond ridiculous.

Just on the USA team:
  • Points per game - Prince (4), Stewart (2), Tuck (1), Jefferson (7)
  • Rebounds per game - Prince (3), Stewart (1), Tuck (6), Jefferson (5)
  • FG percentage - Prince (6), Stewart (1), Tuck (3), Jefferson (7)
  • Assists - Prince (3), Stewart (6), Tuck (7), Jefferson (2)
  • Steals - Prince (1), Stewart (5), Tuck (6), Jefferson (3)
  • 3 point FG percentage - Prince (3), Stewart (1), Tuck (5), Jefferson (5)
  • 3 point FG made - Prince (3), Stewart (2), Tuck (5), Jefferson (5)
  • Blocked shots - Prince (4), Stewart (1), Tuck (6), Jefferson (4)
  • FT taken - Prince (8), Stewart (1), Tuck (2), Jefferson (4)
  • FT made - Prince (8), Stewart (1), Tuck (2), Jefferson (3)
I added a few categories. Prince got to the line ONE time in 4 games. She also had 6 steals in one game. Great job, but it impacts the average for sure.

Prince was a very complete player, but does that make her better than the 3 you mentioned? Nahhhh....one of them was ranked higher on the team in every category except steals.

Just love numbers...lol.

DD, I challenge you go show me where I said that Prince is better than Stewart, Prince and Jefferson. I simply pointed out that her stats showed a great all-around game and that it wasn't quite realistic to discount her stats based on player who are present instead of those who are.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Stewart is clearly the best player coming out of highs school. I clearly stated that opinion. There is absolutely no comparison.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I still can't believe folks will argue this much over players who have yet to play a single college game.
I still can't believe folks will argue this much over players who have yet to play a single college game.

The thing is, I never argued in this thread that Prince is better than anyone else. I simply stated that her stats demonstrate that of a well-rounded basketball player. But some take saying something good about a non-UCONN player as a slam against the UCONN players.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The thing is, I never argued in this thread that Prince is better than anyone else. I simply stated that her stats demonstrate that of a well-rounded basketball player. But some take saying something good about a non-UCONN player as a slam against the UCONN players.
Who said you we're slamming UConn players?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
DD, I challenge you go show me where I said that Prince is better than Stewart, Prince and Jefferson. I simply pointed out that her stats showed a great all-around game and that it wasn't quite realistic to discount her stats based on player who are present instead of those who are.
My bad?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I have no dog in this fight and I have seen both play on numerous occasions, Stewart carried a JV high school team to the final 4 of top division at Nike TOC, Prince did not carry her team who by the way had several capable players who could shoot the 3 and were in a lower division. Do I think she won't be as good after 4 years, really who can say that about anyone and rankings can't either, thats why the good coaches go after the players they do. At this point in time she is not comparable in terms of skill or the willingness to do whats necessary to win, she tends to rely on her jumper whether it's falling or not and lacks in intensity on defense. The current competition is very low in terms of USA basketball so to use it as a marker would be a mistake IMO.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have no dog in this fight and I have seen both play on numerous occasions, Stewart carried a JV high school team to the final 4 of top division at Nike TOC, Prince did not carry her team who by the way had several capable players who could shoot the 3 and were in a lower division. Do I think she won't be as good after 4 years, really who can say that about anyone and rankings can't either, thats why the good coaches go after the players they do. At this point in time she is not comparable in terms of skill or the willingness to do whats necessary to win, she tends to rely on her jumper whether it's falling or not and lacks in intensity on defense. The current competition is very low in terms of USA basketball so to use it as a marker would be a mistake IMO.

I have clearly stated the Stewart is the best player coming out of high school and possibly top 5 in the upcoming college season. I do NOT agree with the other Baylor visitor that Prince is as good as Stewart.

Let's not put words in my mouth; if you do there won't be any room for my foot!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have clearly stated the Stewart is the best player coming out of high school and possibly top 5 in the upcoming college season. I do NOT agree with the other Baylor visitor that Prince is as good as Stewart.

Wallman didn't quote you and I don't think was responding to you directly but rather simply giving assessment based on first hand observation of both.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Now, come on now. You have room for words and both your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom