Five players to be honored at halftime on Sat | The Boneyard

Five players to be honored at halftime on Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From Rich:

UConn will also honor its student-athlete’s that have earned a 3.0 grade point average or higher in the Spring 2011 or Fall 2012 semester, those with a 4.0 GPA and UConn’s academic support staff at halftime. The Huskies who will be honored are Heather Buck, Stefanie Dolson, Caroline Doty, Kelly Faris and Kiah Stokes.

Reaction Score
From Rich:

UConn will also honor its student-athlete’s that have earned a 3.0 grade point average or higher in the Spring 2011 or Fall 2012 semester, those with a 4.0 GPA and UConn’s academic support staff at halftime. The Huskies who will be honored are Heather Buck, Stefanie Dolson, Caroline Doty, Kelly Faris and Kiah Stokes.

I'm always awed by this accomplishment. And proud:)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
"Student-athlete's"? Really Rich? Wouldn't normally comment on that, but since it's a post about recognizing scholastic achievement, it's a little funny/ironic.

PS- congrats to the WBB players and all of the other UConn student-athletes who will be recognized.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Alex...Well, if it is your kid there is reduced irony. I always understood that academics trumped college athletics for my sons.

Reaction Score
Congratulations ..can't imagine how they can still study after a hard workout... I'd be ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"Student-athlete's"? Really Rich? Wouldn't normally comment on that, but since it's a post about recognizing scholastic achievement, it's a little funny/ironic.
Blame the editor, not Rich. Editing seems to be a lost art these days.

Reaction Score
Congratulations ..can't imagine how they can still study after a hard workout... I'd be ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing
Mel Thomas wrote about that in her book. She had to schedule her life tightly in order to get everything done.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
From Rich:

No 4.0 types on the basketball team - but still, 3.0 and up isn't chicken feed - and special kudos to our frosh Kiah!!!:)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I am impressed and proud of yet another great accomplishment of our team. I tried to think about how they could fit everything they need to accomplish into the few hours we have each day. But then I realized I spent at least as much time drinking beer and chasing girls as the average UConn basketball player spends on basketball, so their achievements are possible. Not at all easy, but possible.

Reaction Score
No 4.0 types on the basketball team - but still, 3.0 and up isn't chicken feed - and special kudos to our frosh Kiah!!!:)
How do we know that none of the ladies had 4.0 GPA's? Was it mentioned in some other thread?

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
From Rich:

If Caroline has a 4.0 as a pre-kinesiology major, she is a braaainnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc