Five members of the #UConn football program, including interim head coach Lou Spanos, have tested positive for COVID-19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Five members of the #UConn football program, including interim head coach Lou Spanos, have tested positive for COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We should be ok as long as Mazzone is somewhere on the sideline. Van Demark is the biggest loss here. I love Spanos, but these guys can handle a game without him as long as Mazzone can call the shots on offense.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Now that we are down 4 coaches from the beginning of the year, don't we have a paid consultant who could fill in on the field or in the coaches box?

Reaction Score
Now that we are down 4 coaches from the beginning of the year, don't we have a paid consultant who could fill in on the field or in the coaches box?
Not legally. Edsall's spot was filled by an elevated Grad. Asst (he's the Linebackers coach). The other quarantined coaches remain officially coaches on the staff, so Mazzone can't be a "coach" even temporarily without one of them being relieved of their coaching duties. (There's no coaching "IL")

Reaction Score
I’ve said it elsewhere, but this is further evidence that at some point after the Fiesta Bowl, Randy Edsall got replaced somehow by his evil mirror universe doppelgänger and has dragged us into the darkest timeline.

The only reason I can’t conclusively prove it is that I can’t find a picture of Edsall with a goatee.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Welp, any thought of cutting short the sight seeing and enjoyment of Amsterdam tomorrow to hunker down and watch this game is gone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anyone know why fully vaccinated individuals are being tested? Is this a UConn/state of CT policy?

At most colleges in the northeast all students are tested every week, even though vaccinated.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
OMG, who is going to be coaching.

A revamped succession plan is in place- the official schedule is below - but understand Leo Mazzone will be on hand to recommend all the decisions and if the recommendations arent followed, the next puppet is installed is is obligated to follow the guidance of the $2,500 per week man;

1) Dennis Dottin Carter
2) Aaron Smith
3) Matt King
4) Eddie Allen
5) Andy Blaylock
6) Dave Benedict
7) @huskymedic
8) @Storrs South
9) Voldemort
10) @businesslawyer
11) @whaler

That ought to cover is for the next couple games.

Reaction Score
He was the interim head coach at Delaware for 5 games in 2016. He'll be fine for a game.... or at least the best healthy option on the staff.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I’ve said it elsewhere, but this is further evidence that at some point after the Fiesta Bowl, Randy Edsall got replaced somehow by his evil mirror universe doppelgänger and has dragged us into the darkest timeline.

The only reason I can’t conclusively prove it is that I can’t find a picture of Edsall with a goatee.

randy-devil2.jpg

Reaction Score
As legit of a shot to get in the win column as there will be all season and then this happens. Has anyone seriously considered having a priest, shaman, or Voodoo practitioner come in to drive out what ever evil spirit is haunting this program?

Reaction Score
That said if UConn wins... I can't wait for the posts that suggest that Dottin-Carter be considered for the permanent job. :p

If the defense pitches a shutout tomorrow this board will go wild, especially if we win the game on a 4th down cover zero blitz.

Reaction Score
That isn't the relevant question. Is there another guy on staff with more experience? No. So yeah, he's the guy.
I get the feeling Randy Edsall was trying his best to make sure there were not a lot of younger coaches on the FB team who could take over from him if UConn canned him. Here is one result of that approach. I hope UConn destroys UMass, but let this be a lesson that the coaching staff has to have excellent coaches.

Reaction Score
They should “test” everyone early tomorrow AM. But accidentally miss the nostrils when swabbing. Send tests, get negative results, reinstate. Then kick UMass *ss.

Reaction Score
They should “test” everyone early tomorrow AM. But accidentally miss the nostrils when swabbing. Send tests, get negative results, reinstate. Then kick UMass *ss.
What ever happened to the Hippocratic Oath?!

Reaction Score
"Some will stop at nothing, even falsifying test results, to shut the football program down"

1633722482567.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul