Fishy out of pocket | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fishy out of pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For 69 or so of my 70-plus years, out of pocket meant you were paying for something yourself, and carried a connotation of an unexpected expense that you had to pay for.

So how did it change over the last couple years to mean out of town or unavailable?

And do people who use it that way deserve to be throat punched? If so, does Fishy have to throat punch himself?

I think it's actually the opposite - "out of pocket" meant you were away in old times days and then it morphed into being out some cash.

It's kind of like when 'champing at the bit' became 'chomping at the bit' and no one noticed for a while.

Anyway, I'm back and I'm disgusted with what went on in my absence.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Irregardless, I could care less.

I think the word you are looking for is "irregardful".

Neither is a real word, but irregardful makes you sound like you scored higher on your SATs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bowlsby is a horse whisperer. I read it on the Boneyard!
Yeah, completely missed that. I looked at your post and thought, good pun... oh.

Reaction Score
Chief and Fishy out in the same week? Who approved that? We'll never survive.
Your observation further strengthens my longstanding theory that Chief is really @Fishy masterfully trolling us. Which begs the question, has anyone ever seen Chief and Fishy in the same place? Come to think of it has anyone ever seen Chief at all? Draw your own conclusions.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Your observation further strengthens my longstanding theory that Chief is really @Fishy masterfully trolling us. Which begs the question, has anyone ever seen Chief and Fishy in the same place? Come to think of it has anyone ever seen Chief at all? Draw your own conclusions.

Ive had that notion.

Would be genius.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For 69 or so of my 70-plus years, out of pocket meant you were paying for something yourself, and carried a connotation of an unexpected expense that you had to pay for.

So how did it change over the last couple years to mean out of town or unavailable?

And do people who use it that way deserve to be throat punched? If so, does Fishy have to throat punch himself?

You might have missed the 80s?

It's a horrible phrase that has come full circle.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Only briefly.

Reaction Score
Supposibly. I once got a "supposively". Honest.

And btw, Chief is the best internet persona. EVER.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I know a lot of you have been asking various things about various things - when are you going to punch me in the throat, what exactly is wrong with you, can you please stop using our IP addresses to come to our houses and peek in our windows - but I'm going to be very busy over the next ten days and all of that will have to wait.

You can still ask, but just know that my responses may have to wait until I have more time.

Has anyone ever seen Fishy and Chief in the same room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom