Fishpants is making cranberry cakes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fishpants is making cranberry cakes

Reaction Score
Wrong about Nebraska. Cautionary point for the whiny UConn hoop fans amongst us (you know who you are)

Nebraska was elite. For a long time.

Then, first with Solich and then with Bo Pelini, Nebraska was doing 9 or 10 win seasons and their fans were dismayed. Not elite ... but damn good. We have to have a realistic chance of collective expectations as the years go on. Not forever elite. But win some championships.

Reaction Score
Wrong about Nebraska. Cautionary point for the whiny UConn hoop fans amongst us (you know who you are)

Nebraska was elite. For a long time.

Then, first with Solich and then with Bo Pelini, Nebraska was doing 9 or 10 win seasons and their fans were dismayed. Not elite ... but damn good. We have to have a realistic chance of collective expectations as the years go on. Not forever elite. But win some championships.

Wisdom!

Nebraska is the poster child for fan bases that screwed up a program with unrealistic expectations.

Reaction Score
All of Bobby's comments are either excuses, such as... he just got there, or are all about the future...that they WILL get better, but just not right now because...we just started and we're building...lol There wasn't anything in the comments mentioned here about how guys had to be more accountable now, today or even next week. It's an easy game when your level of achievement and accomplishment can never be measured. He's always pushing that day into the future, extending the time line, instead of being critiqued and accountable today!! It's a no-lose game...lol What a guy! I think he wants to say that they are still in their "exhibition season" so badly, but even he realizes that won't be well received by the other coaches and players who are busting their butts today.... in real time! :rolleyes:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Bobby Boy at his best.

Diaco said he expects every one of his defenders to be better the next time they play after Saturday's Buckeye experience.

"So as a coach, the silver lining of this dark, miserable cloud, the silver lining is that the players are improving through experience. And then overall, the unit, brick by brick, building, the unit is building, It'll become the type of unit in time ... we are just getting started. we are just getting started.

"I mean, I just got here," Diaco continued. "These players are playing, a lot of new players are playing. We are just getting started with our unit, we're getting started with our culture which has been under spectacular amount of strain and attack, but we're just getting started...

Diaco finished with an optimistic thought about his young players after a miserable night. It's one he has to believe, and they have to believe, even if many on the outside will be full of doubt.

"They're going to be really good," he said, "and we're going to be really good."

There's that word spectacular again. When have we heard that before? He must have memorized all the words in some power word dictionary...spectacular, superlative, benevolent, etc.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So how many wins has he been involved in over the last 3+ years- 14 wins? What culture is that- to me that is a losing culture. He spreads wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
Miserable night, miserable night, MISERABLE NIGHT. He lost me on the word culture in November, 2014 when he threw whitmer under the bus after the army debacle at yankee stadium. Fast forward to last year and the ridiculous transition from sherriffs to Williams-he is the last guy that should be talking about culture.

Reaction Score
His biggest problem with the players is once they get by the translation of his malapropian analogies and inane metaphors, they run smack in the face of his disingenuous praise.

Damn you for making me use a dictionary!

Reaction Score
Could Bob Diaco's days be numbered?

Nebraska has hired Bill Moos away from Washington State to be its new athletic director.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Could Bob Diaco's days be numbered?

Nebraska has hired Bill Moos away from Washington State to be its new athletic director.

Moos' comment about midseason firings is valid. I think come the end of the season we will see a complete coaching change at Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I don't think Diaco will have time to walk back to the locker room after the last game before he is fired.
Maybe they can tape his pink slip to the door of the loading elevator

Reaction Score
Allowing a TD every single time an opponent's 1st team O was on the field (8 total) and giving up > 600 yards and > 40 first downs may not be a great way to win
It's an awesome way to win...oh you meant for Diac-uh-oh's defense! Well it's not that OSU got a great win...being pre-season, oh wait that wasn't preseason? Oops, well I'm sure he can make a rivalry trophy, just get some wood, some nails, some barb wire, and some duct tape, wrap it up and call it the "Try Hard". Or perhaps he can make a placard, frame his pants, and call it the bloody mess trophy...I'm sure tOSU will cherish whatever it is...being a new rivalry, it's bound to go over Yuge!

Reaction Score
Does anyone else see that little cherubic face and just have an urge to punch it? Can't stand even looking at him, and when he opens his mouth all I hear con-job.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Was at the game. Team has totally quit on the staff. Them (and everyone) will throw a blank check at Scott Frost.

"Nebraska was a dead program walking, look at the trends" and has made 4 conference title games in the last 10 years. Think they'll be fine.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I love the Diaco hate in this thread. Pretty much because it reminds me that it's not just me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Was at the game. Team has totally quit on the staff. Them (and everyone) will throw a blank check at Scott Frost.

"Nebraska was a dead program walking, look at the trends" and has made 4 conference title games in the last 10 years. Think they'll be fine.

No they won't. They are cooked. It's over. Wait until the hilarious coaching search.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For all the tradition and support, Nebraska is just not a job that any quality coach with options is going to want. It is the sixth best team in the BIG (fighting it out with Iowa) and it's fan base is going to run out anyone who doesn't win the league regularly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom