First year Huskies in the W

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Consolidating some threads here…

4565FF6F-0279-45E5-A283-AEB248417E54.jpeg
0AF47352-08FA-436F-9D9D-85E2C87D6AFE.jpeg

Reaction Score
Seattle would be nuts not to keep Mühl after her performance. Defensively, she was great. Offensively, she had 6 points in 20 minutes. Normally she gets 6 points in 40 minutes. NYL missed out. She could’ve helped them not be cooked like chicken to Marina Mabrey. I can’t wait to see her clamp CC later this month.
Mystics are keeping Aaliyah guaranteed by the Coach. Great performance from her, not happy to see her get whacked in the face again though. Funny to see her first points be a smooth jump shot too; if she works on it more she can be a bit of a stretch big like Dorka.
Lou will be interesting. She wasn’t the star of her Euroleague team but I hope she can make an impact. She was a 3 point menace in college.
I miss Christyn. Happy to see she’s thriving. Her team however…

Reaction Score
Seattle would be nuts not to keep Mühl after her performance. Defensively, she was great. Offensively, she had 6 points in 20 minutes. Normally she gets 6 points in 40 minutes. NYL missed out. She could’ve helped them not be cooked like chicken to Marina Mabrey. I can’t wait to see her clamp CC later this month.
Mystics are keeping Aaliyah guaranteed by the Coach. Great performance from her, not happy to see her get whacked in the face again though. Funny to see her first points be a smooth jump shot too; if she works on it more she can be a bit of a stretch big like Dorka.
Lou will be interesting. She wasn’t the star of her Euroleague team but I hope she can make an impact. She was a 3 point menace in college.
I miss Christyn. Happy to see she’s thriving. Her team however…
All good but Nika as at UConn will have the coach yelling until she gets control of the fouls. But in a way her aggressiveness on D is exactly what makes her Nika and appreciated by fans. Everyone wants to score but a player who prides themselves on their defensive intensity like Nika is exceedingly hard to come by in today's game. So I'll rest my case by saying keep it up, Nika, but try not putting them on the foul line too frequently and try your best to keep it under 6, will ya?

Reaction Score
Nika has a steep hill to climb with Seattle’s salary cap. But she’s a heckuva climber. It would be a loss to the W if non-basketball reasons get in her way. She’s is made for the W.

Reaction Score
Just for once it would be nice to have a thread about our Huskies just be our about Huskies without comments about other players (as good and nice as they are)...

Reaction Score
Which team is Lou playing on debut? Also is Dorka still in Europe? Lynx vs Mystics would’ve made a nice reunion.

Reaction Score
Which team is Lou playing on debut? Also is Dorka still in Europe? Lynx vs Mystics would’ve made a nice reunion.

Dallas. Not too sure, but I think Dorka is still there

Reaction Score
Dallas. Not too sure, but I think Dorka is still there
Which team is Dallas playing is what I meant lol. Concerning not to even see Dorka’s name on the box score of bench players. Hoping didn’t get cut.

Reaction Score
Just for once it would be nice to have a thread about our Huskies just be our about Huskies without comments about other players (as good and nice as they are)...
Cam is a Huskie, just a male huskie but still a huskie :)

Reaction Score
Which team is Dallas playing is what I meant lol. Concerning not to even see Dorka’s name on the box score of bench players. Hoping didn’t get cut.

Sorry... Chicago. Next week. Dorka wont' get cut. She was still playing overseas as of 3 days ago.

Reaction Score
All good but Nika as at UConn will have the coach yelling until she gets control of the fouls. But in a way her aggressiveness on D is exactly what makes her Nika and appreciated by fans. Everyone wants to score but a player who prides themselves on their defensive intensity like Nika is exceedingly hard to come by in today's game. So I'll rest my case by saying keep it up, Nika, but try not putting them on the foul line too frequently and try your best to keep it under 6, will ya?
I remember Geno’s interview when he said that he told Nika to sit where he couldn’t see her when she fouled out in the Syracuse game. Hopefully that doesn’t happen in Seattle.

Reaction Score
Cam is a Huskie, just a male huskie but still a huskie :)
OH THAT CAM! bahahaha. In my head this went through half a doezen rounds and ended up on Kamilla Cardoso :cool:

Reaction Score
Aaliyah I think will have a career in the WNBA but the others to me are all long shots. CW at times looks really good but she really struggled with consistency of play and effort from what I say and she really doesn't bring anything different than any other guards. Nika I think has the best chance even if it isn't with Seattle since she can defend and really isn't bad with the three point shooting. Lou is another one that is challenging but she is a little taller than most guards and is a terrific shooter. I wasn't really sold on her ability to defend but she does bring something that teams will be looking for.

Dorka will be around this season if she wants to be. She played good last season and proved she can compete at that level. I think she needs to get better on her straight up defense but she did a good job on the help last year. Her shooting for a player her size is really good and she contributed on the boards too. In my mind she will be around as long as she works hard and wants to be there.

All these players were great college level players but with only a handful of teams in the WNBA it is really hard to stay on a roster as a guard unless you are really special. Hopefully CC is able to elevate the league this year and Paige does the same next year so they can expand enough to get more players involved. We will see.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah I think will have a career in the WNBA but the others to me are all long shots. CW at times looks really good but she really struggled with consistency of play and effort from what I say and she really doesn't bring anything different than any other guards. Nika I think has the best chance even if it isn't with Seattle since she can defend and really isn't bad with the three point shooting. Lou is another one that is challenging but she is a little taller than most guards and is a terrific shooter. I wasn't really sold on her ability to defend but she does bring something that teams will be looking for.

Dorka will be around this season if she wants to be. She played good last season and proved she can compete at that level. I think she needs to get better on her straight up defense but she did a good job on the help last year. Her shooting for a player her size is really good and she contributed on the boards too. In my mind she will be around as long as she works hard and wants to be there.

All these players were great college level players but with only a handful of teams in the WNBA it is really hard to stay on a roster as a guard unless you are really special. Hopefully CC is able to elevate the league this year and Paige does the same next year so they can expand enough to get more players involved. We will see.
Had Nika taken more shots in her college career, she could’ve easily averaged 6-10 PTS a game. Her 3 point shooting was never bad, she just didn’t use it enough. Hopefully, since she isn’t the primary PG on the storm, she can develop that offensive talent as well as be a lethal defender.

Reaction Score
Can someone who watched the game explain how Edwards was +10 on the court despite missing all her shots, a few rebounds, and only making 1 free throw? Was she good defensively or something? I couldn’t actually find the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom