First time in 24 years... | The Boneyard

First time in 24 years...

Reaction Score
That UConn will be playing the same opponent two games in a row. Last time that happened was in the 1996 season vs. Seton Hall. Do you think it makes the game any easier or more difficult since we just played them?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We just played a fairly dismal game and still beat them on the road while they shot 56% in the first half.

Hurley and staff have been good this year at making adjustments either in the 2nd half or playing a team for the 2nd time.

I like our chances a lot better on Thursday, on a neutral court, as a better team, with CV playing on his last legs in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
Bouk should be better on Thursday and they won't shoot 56%.

Good guys win.

Reaction Score
Seemed to me that Hurley wasn't showing the playbook today. Going to be a fun postseason.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
When you’re the better team it should make it easier. Although I suspect that game gave them a little more confidence against us. So draw?

Reaction Score
When teams shoot like Tulane did today anything is possible. In 1989/90 we had a heckava time beating Seton Hall on our run to the first Big East Tourney Title. Let's hope the good guys can put in a good workman like performance on Thursday!

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If we play our game and they play their game, we blow them out.

Reaction Score
That UConn will be playing the same opponent two games in a row. Last time that happened was in the 1996 season vs. Seton Hall. Do you think it makes the game any easier or more difficult since we just played them?
Nobody likes to beat a team three times let alone two games in a row.

Reaction Score
Yes, Im a firm believer in the whole “tough to beat a team 3 times in one season”. The fact that we have to beat them in back to back games makes it even harder. Tulane is bad, but they aren’t that bad. If you look at their last 5 games, they beat SMU and UCF, but only lost to us by 4, Tulsa by 5, and Memphis by 7 in OT. Bottom line...they have been competitive and are probably playing their best basketball of the season right now.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yes, Im a firm believer in the whole “tough to beat a team 3 times in one season”. The fact that we have to beat them in back to back games makes it even harder. Tulane is bad, but they aren’t that bad. If you look at their last 5 games, they beat SMU and UCF, but only lost to us by 4, Tulsa by 5, and Memphis by 7 in OT. Bottom line...they have been competitive and are probably playing their best basketball of the season right now.
If their best ball of the season is a 2-3 stretch I think we’re ok

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I remember 2014 we were all scared to play Memphis who was actually good for a third time and second time on their homecourt in the opening tourney round. We come out and demolish them. In the same tournament Louisville beat us (clearly a good team) in the finals for a third time. I don’t put too much in that credo.

Reaction Score
Tulane played us tough at Gampel too and should have beat Memphis last week.
Tulane is awful, but not 12 seed awful. Memphis lucked out in getting ECU. They're the actual dregs. Ron Hunter is a good coach and they turned a corner a bit mid-February and have been playing better, despite the Ls.

Still, we should win going away. If we don't win in that way, we're in a lot of trouble going forward because of our lack of depth.

Reaction Score
I seem to recall reading about a statistical study of this topic, and, surprise, it's a complete myth.

Reaction Score
I believe the actual "tourney" will provide us with a much more passionate UConn team especially on the defensive end. Their defensive effort yesterday was only okay in my books. Guys taking chances, not helping etc etc..doubt we see that in Texas. Thinking we will be the same as we saw vs Houston for every game they play this week.

Reaction Score
I believe the actual "tourney" will provide us with a much more passionate UConn team especially on the defensive end. Their defensive effort yesterday was only okay in my books. Guys taking chances, not helping etc etc..doubt we see that in Texas. Thinking we will be the same as we saw vs Houston for every game they play this week.
You'd hope. They know their only way into the dance is to win this thing, so they know they have to knock out Tulane quick.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I thought the defense was flat out bad yesterday. What encouraged me is that in the last couple of minutes when we had to get a stop, we played great defense for 2 or 3 possessions in a row until we got to the point where they had to start fouling.

Reaction Score
I thought the defense was flat out bad yesterday. What encouraged me is that in the last couple of minutes when we had to get a stop, we played great defense for 2 or 3 possessions in a row until we got to the point where they had to start fouling.

Only one who was consistently good was AG he was all over the place. He even guarded some bigs he was helping on in the lane and made them give it up despite the size difference, he was a nat yesterday. Everyone else a little lax in their effort or shall I say intensity. JB and Vital were ok but took chances and were burnt. Gaff was dreadful got beat a lot.

Expect a different team on Thursday!

Reaction Score

I like beating teams 3 times, 4 is better. If the teams are evenly matched I understand, but we should be able to beat Tulane back to back. If not, let’s wait for the NIT invite. I’m planning on a run to the semi’s at least.

Reaction Score
Think yesterday was actually perfect for the team to get ready for Thursday. Hurley has all the evidence he needs to really fire them up and make sure they're not sleep walking again. We win by 10+ on Thursday.

Reaction Score
We came close in 2007-08. We played Gardner Webb twice in a three game span (about a week aprt if I remember) thanks to Kentucky losing to them @ Rupp Arena. Since they advanced, we played them at MSG in the 2K semis and already had them scheduled in Storrs a week later. Of course, we one both match ups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom