First time ever- I didn't care if we won today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First time ever- I didn't care if we won today

Reaction Score
We didn't play well enough with all of our misplays to deserve winning though we did. But it's going to be forgotten soon enough. Maybe it was just me but Akok in the last 3 games was not good against good competition. We were counting on him and he's physically weak. It was disappointing.

Reaction Score
Not enjoyable to watch.
You should not win if your BB IQ is negative.
Jackson and Martin are our only two regulars who know what they are doing. (and maybe Akok).
The rest of the crew are just a bunch of atheletes.
Unless Hurley can knock some sense into them, it will be a season.

Hawkins has a good excuse for playing like he has little experience, so he might be
what we need. For the sake of the season, put him ahead of Gaff Gaffney.
Let Hawkins learn on the job.
This may turn out to have been an important ugly win. I'm glad we won but there needs to be changes.

Reaction Score
I would call Jackson's passing the reason we won. He made one pass that I remember after Whaley and the bench was calling him to look back and pass it. Jackson was horrendous and looked like a headless chicken out there.
14 rebounds! Horrendous! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not enjoyable to watch.
Jackson and Martin are our only two regulars who know what they are doing. (and maybe Akok).

Hawkins has a good excuse for playing like he has little experience, so he might be
This was our best Thanksgiving tournament showing in quite some time. No blowouts. Battled for everything against very solid competition.

We are good, but not that good. I'd expect more games that look like today.

Reaction Score
Wow! I seem to have struck a nerve. Who thinks we are playing well? Who thinks we are playing smart BB?
You did not strike a nerve. As soon as you included Akok who is completely lost right now your point went straight off a cliff.

Reaction Score
14 rebounds! Horrendous! :rolleyes:
For a player who was getting beat off the dribble a lot and lost on offense I was surprised when I saw that total. I don't hate the guy but just puzzled on how little he brings on the offensive side of the ball when he was a top 75 recruit.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Ridiculous take by the OP

Dan Hurley said it best. He just wanted to get out of Nassau

Three grinding games against three quality teams that all play a different style. VCU plays in your face basketball, some call it ugly. The team was emotionally and physically spent, and they toughed out a tough victory against a tough team

Maybe some fans need to "learn" about the game

GREAT WIN FOR THE HUSKIES

Reaction Score
you lost me at andre jackson has basketball iq...he DOES seem to have good court vision as well as the propensity to throw a terrible fancy pass to a teammates ankles or opponents hand about half the time....i mean what is that runner/floater/garbage shot hes developed in lieu of a shot? whaley is really the person with the best bball iq.....

Reaction Score
re-reading what i wrote, i hit andre jackson too hard...he clearly brings numerous positives...i was just taken aback by your opinion of who you think has bball IQ....

Reaction Score
Not enjoyable to watch.

Boo Hoo

Reaction Score
Terrible timing for you that this didn’t happen during the Kevin Ollie era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom