First time ever- I didn't care if we won today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First time ever- I didn't care if we won today

Reaction Score
C'mon, man!! Game 7. Never not care!!!!
I know at least one (and maybe two) UCONN BB coaches would say an early loss due to poor play might pay off more than a bad win.

Reaction Score
Not enjoyable to watch.
You should not win if your BB IQ is negative.
Jackson and Martin are our only two regulars who know what they are doing. (and maybe Akok).
The rest of the crew are just a bunch of atheletes.
Unless Hurley can knock some sense into them, it will be a season.

Hawkins has a good excuse for playing like he has little experience, so he might be
what we need. For the sake of the season, put him ahead of Gaff Gaffney.
Let Hawkins learn on the job
escalator fan... take the good and the bad...

Reaction Score
I get not being happy with the way we’re playing right now but don’t care if we lose? If you don’t care if we lose then you were never really a fan in the first place.

Reaction Score
Not enjoyable to watch.
Jackson and Martin are our only two regulars who know what they are doing. (and maybe Akok).

Hawkins has a good excuse for playing like he has little experience, so he might be
Let Hawkins learn on the job.
WTH are you talking about those 3 players were awful today especially Akok. The whole team forgot about Sanogo inside too which was weird.

Reaction Score
I know at least one (and maybe two) UCONN BB coaches would say an early loss due to poor play might pay off more than a bad win.
We checked that box yesterday boom. Take it easy on these guys. They’re trying but its always messy this early in the season. Have some whiskey. I sure like whiskey.

Reaction Score
WTH are you talking about those 3 players were awful today especially Akok. The whole team forgot about Sanogo inside too which was weird.
Sunogo has everything but BB smarts. He might get better. Jackson's passing was the only reason they won. Akok hardly played. Martin was good. Our two other guards were out of control and clueless against the press.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Wait, RJ isn’t in the knows what he’s doing category? He’s easily been our best player. Jackson and Martin have been erratic.

Reaction Score
I thought the post game was really interesting. This was an ugly game. Teams find themselves in this position tho. Sometimes you gotta play an ugly game. Really good teams are able to win those ugly ones. While disappointed in the “quality”, I was really happy with the outcome & resiliency shown

Reaction Score
Yes, today was tough to watch, what with turnovers, running into traps, bad fouls, and hilariously bad reffing. But we are a battered and bruised.6-1, 2-1 in the last three days in three hard-fought, closely contested games against credible opposition. I'll take that.

Reaction Score
In the span of 3 nights, they won a track meet where both teams combined for 224 points and then won an ugly slugfest. What more do you want? Ya, a win vs. MSU would have been nice and that was a tough loss to swallow (to a blow a 7 point lead in the last 3:30 or so) but UConn has won two games playing drastically different styles with different players stepping up....

.....and it isn't even December. Let's see after the WVU/SB duo of games.

Reaction Score
Not enjoyable to watch.

Let Hawkins learn on the job.

Nobody is forcing you to watch UConn. If you want to watch perfect basketball I would advise you to go watch the 1992 dream team, 2008 redeem team, 86 Celtics, 96 Bulls, 2001 Lakers, 2012 Heat and the 2017 Warriors.

Reaction Score
We won the game today and now we’re back to being the grammar police on an online message board? This group is something else lmaooo. (@CTrefugee is this the proper usage of lmaooo, or too many O’s?)

I know it was ugly, but these types of mental tests make for a strong team come March. Absolutely NO backing down on this team, We will not give up; and that’s something I can get fired up about.

To the points of everyone else, we need to let the frosh play through some mistakes and have leniency with the production. We have 2 games this week primed for some extra PT for these guys.

Need to let Sanogo, Rese, and RJ rest up a little bit.

Last point, Gaffney needs to remember that regardless of size, athleticism(which he has both) or production, these are still opponents younger than him he’s going against…and he needs to be the man on the floor who won’t back down mentally. Hopefully we see that by the end of the year.

Reaction Score
I've actually been impressed with the pace of play and athleticism of the team.

Reaction Score
GIF by Futurithmic

Reaction Score
Sunogo has everything but BB smarts. He might get better. Jackson's passing was the only reason they won. Akok hardly played. Martin was good. Our two other guards were out of control and clueless against the press.
I would call Jackson's passing the reason we won. He made one pass that I remember after Whaley and the bench was calling him to look back and pass it. Jackson was horrendous and looked like a headless chicken out there.

Reaction Score
Ball pressure up top can make you forget all about running offense. We won a 'ship doing that to other teams...
Yeah but there were a couple times Sonago locked him man off and Polley and Martin hesitated for one second and then it was over. I guess the team was mentally out of it as it sure looked that way today. Nothing was smooth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom