First time all year I think this team can get in the tourny | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First time all year I think this team can get in the tourny

Reaction Score
I think the SMU game is going to really tough. If we are able to win that, I'm not worried about Memphis. We will be on a roll, the fans will be wild and we will kick their @$$.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Nineteen wins are doable at full strength with Gilbert going good. We need a healthy Sid, and Akok.

I'm excited to see how a healthy version of Sid and Akok will add to Bouk's new-found swag. My belief is that it will strengthen our defense. You should see greater activity from Akok and a return to his earlier shot-blocking norms. Look for Sid to give us a lift with rebounding and shot-blocking. And for him out on the break again teaming up with Bouk creating highlights.

I really like and hope to continue to see Bouk initiating the break off of the rebound. It has manufactured break and secondary break opportunities for us. First noticed how he had Tulsa scrambled pushing the ball and then again with Cinci.

Reaction Score
I am usually a realist but I think we are on a revenge tour for the misery of being in this conference.

I firmly feel like we are going to SMU and going to take them behind the woodshed for a whooping..

Reaction Score
No Coach in the AAC wants to see us on their side of the conference tournament bracket.

Reaction Score
I am usually a realist but I think we are on a revenge tour for the misery of being in this conference.

I firmly feel like we are going to SMU and going to take them behind the woodshed for a whooping..
We win that smu game, watch out. Because then we have a very real shot of winning our next 4-5 games until Houston.

Reaction Score
We can certainly win the conference tournament. There are no great teams in the AAC and the talent gap isn't big enough to suggest that we don't have a shot. I don't expect it but I wouldn't be shocked if we made a run and won the tournament. I also wouldn't be shocked if we lost our opening round game. That about sums up our 2019-20 season.

Reaction Score
Every game is a one game tournament us against the world. We have gotten better and need to continue to get better. Hopefully we can get Sid back, guys have stepped and need to play even better now.

Reaction Score
Obviously an NIT bid will be a disappointment but just think… we get do MSG again for the semi finals and championship games! It will represent a restart of this program just like the last NIT championship did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I only know basketball, not poetry. Is Emily Dickinson the women's basketball team at Fairleigh Dickinson?
Meh, you've been known to dabble a bit in football as well. ;)

Reaction Score
Can definitely see us going 7-1 the rest of the way and either sneaking in as an at large or winning the conference tournament. The games we've lost were close and we're just getting better. I can see us as a 3/4 seed heading into the AAC tourney and surprising a lot of people.

Reaction Score
On the other hand, that was a very big hole we dug for ourselves. Never mind the NCAA, we don't own an advantage over any of our AAC competitors for the NIT. Assuming Houston takes it all, we will be vying for the NIT with Tulsa, Memphis, Cincinnati, Wichita State and SMU, We don't have a season's series edge over any of them, and they all have better conference records. That makes a win over SMU critical for our NIT hopes, never mind our NCAA daydream. A mere winning record won't get us into the NIT.
It also depends if we beat any of those teams in the AAC tourney on the way to the final, let’s say.

Reaction Score
Do people know winning at SMU is a q1 win top 75 on the road is q1. Let’s win at SMU which we are not favored and never won at before we start talking NCAA.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised.

Once you have a go-to scorer a lot of other things fall into place.

Bouknight is quickly turning into the leader. A guy who wants to take the must make shot. Very exciting.

Reaction Score
Memphis is a must win to prove we are tournament worthy(either one). Lets hope our front line plays up to their potential. They are not stiffs but make too many bad plays for the team to be in a tournament. The crowd will be ready with the uptick in offensive firepower our 3-5's are showing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
they won't lose another game during reg season
1581701614891.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99