First Night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Perhaps Allie, Morgan,& Kelis will be there too? Heck, let’s go for broke and hope for Addison Bjorn, Brynn McGaughy, McKenna Woliczko, and Special K As well! There’s also room for Sienna Betts!:) Hope springs eternal!
Don’t forget Gandy!

Reaction Score
First Night tickets are available to be claimed as of today, 10/4 at 10:00. I believe you have to be a season ticket holder and if so, you should have received an email with a button to click on. Don't bother going to the main UConn web page. First Night tickets will not show up there.

Reaction Score
I've never been. Do the fans get to interact with the players, get pics w/them, etc?

Reaction Score
Well whoever is running it should be replaced. I know it's a pep rally for the students benefit, but it still represents the University and the basketball programs, and the last few years this event has been a series of miscues.

Everyone is rightfully hoping some potential recruits will attend and be impressed. Me too, but if it is like the last few years they probably won't be. I could be a negative in the recruiting process, and if I was Geno or Dan I would be pissed off and demanding changes. Maybe the AD's office should take it over so the kids will get a better show.

Mistakes happen, but perpetual problems should be fixed, and the organizers of these events have made the Washington Generals look like a winning organization. There is too much good in this program to let this be a black eye. I will watch like most of us here and be pissed off once again if it isn't significantly better.
Or maybe they just shouldn't broadcast it.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Let's look at First Night for exactly what it is. A pep rally. It's not a scripted show that is produced for television like an HBO or ESPN special. It's a pep rally where anything can happen at any moment, plus it's live, not prerecorded. It wasn't meant to be televised to the public, so we should be thankful that we even get to see it, mistakes and all. The main thing is that we get to see our ladies for the first time this year, and that's all I care about. Let's just sit back and enjoy it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do we have a list of recruits and other visitors for First Night yet?

Reaction Score
Just rumors and guesses. Maybe the 2 commits and Strong? Committed players often show up for 1st night and they are allowed an official visit so why not?

A shout out to anyone going to 1st night to look around for recruits and maybe post it here?

I’d imagine Arianna Roberson will be there as well. She’s pretty close with Strong, has some relationship with Cheli and hasn’t taken an official to Storrs (from what we know).

Reaction Score
I’d imagine Arianna Roberson will be there as well. She’s pretty close with Strong, has some relationship with Cheli and hasn’t taken an official to Storrs (from what we know).
Please, please, please…! I hope Sarah and Arianna get that “feeling” so many UConn recruits describe where they just “know” this is the place for them! Current freshman Ashlynn and current commit Allie are two recent recruits that spoke about that feeling and hopefully, two more will join that special club next week! Here’s hoping for a “Strong” recruiting pitch from both team and Coaches this weekend!
I hope they have the best practice they’ve had in years in front of Strong and that she can just picture herself getting entry and transition passes from Paige & Co while knowing she’s got the option of kicking the ball to Paige, Azzi, Caroline, Allie, Ines, or Q, dropping it off to a streaking Aubrey Morgan or KK, shoveling it to Ice, Jana, Yanna, Amari, or Arianna under the basket or simply scoring herself! The mind boggles!

Reaction Score
Reminder: Tomorrow 7:00 PM

IMG_2394.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members