First night video posted | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First night video posted

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well I will take a slightly different approach. Talk first about what they did right (which wasn't much admittedly).

They PACKED Gampel with students. Nothing against us older farts, but there is NO energy like student energy. Just watch the Cameron Crazies (students) on the first 10 or so rows of the sideline seats. Best and most creative fans in MCBB and WCBB.

The intros were fun. The announcer was super stoked for each and every person. While I was bummed some of the players (both guys and gals) seemed "shy" (they came out and waved and that was it), kudos to the players who danced or did something fun - Dorka and Nika with their flags was cool, but Amari set the tone with her worm dance. That was AWESOME.

Other than that, maybe a "meh" event. In the future, I'd suggest having the players come out from the home team tunnel. They can set up whatever kind of entryway they want without disrupting the baskets. I get they wanted everyone to "see" the players, but have them run out to a little area partway onto the court so everyone can see.

And get the players stoked. Maybe have their teammates waiting for them egging them on. Good grief - the intros of any regular season game has more energy from the players than the first night intro festivities.

The whole Evina vs. whoever spoke for the guys team was unnecessary. "My guys have 11 NC's and your guys have what - 2?". She knows full well it's 4, but pitting the guys against the gals for a "funny" moment - I'd rather see the women celebrating like crazy the 4 amazing NC's the men have won and vice versa.

I'm glad they didn't try to do a scrimmage of men AND women on the same team - mixing them up. Much better to see a 10-15 minute scrimmage of just the guys, then the same for the gals. Obviously the basket was a big fail.

I like the idea of interviewing Geno and Dan live. But why not have them speak to the crowd? They do hundreds of interviews so why waste time in a pep rally where no one can hear them? And why not put answers to questions from the players up on the big jumbo-tron? Is there any reason to interview players live? They could pick out better "moments" to put up for everyone to see and not put the players on the spot with lame questions. Or was all that done while they were trying to fix the baskets?

Why not do what they do on ESPN for all star games and what not? Have a short 3 point contest and dunking contest? That could be better organized.

Who was the little girl? I'll be honest - I have no interest in seeing a her interviewed, I don't care if she was Geno or Dan's granddaughter. It's a pep rally about crazy fans, the team, and high energy, not a platform for cuteness from a little girl.

Anyway just some random thoughts. I'll admit i did not watch the entire thing. Just the intros.My $.02...

Reaction Score
That little girl is apart of the women’s basketball team. She has been at many events for the women, she has some sort of life threatening disease. I thought the interview was really cute. The team loves her and I’m sure she looks up to them.
Here are some articles more in depth on her..

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
That little girl is apart of the women’s basketball team. She has been at many events for the women, she has some sort of life threatening disease. I thought the interview was really cute. The team loves her and I’m sure she looks up to them.
Here are some articles more in depth on her..

Thanks for posting this.

Reaction Score
Well I will take a slightly different approach. Talk first about what they did right (which wasn't much admittedly).

They PACKED Gampel with students. Nothing against us older farts, but there is NO energy like student energy. Just watch the Cameron Crazies (students) on the first 10 or so rows of the sideline seats. Best and most creative fans in MCBB and WCBB.

The intros were fun. The announcer was super stoked for each and every person. While I was bummed some of the players (both guys and gals) seemed "shy" (they came out and waved and that was it), kudos to the players who danced or did something fun - Dorka and Nika with their flags was cool, but Amari set the tone with her worm dance. That was AWESOME.

Other than that, maybe a "meh" event. In the future, I'd suggest having the players come out from the home team tunnel. They can set up whatever kind of entryway they want without disrupting the baskets. I get they wanted everyone to "see" the players, but have them run out to a little area partway onto the court so everyone can see.

And get the players stoked. Maybe have their teammates waiting for them egging them on. Good grief - the intros of any regular season game has more energy from the players than the first night intro festivities.

The whole Evina vs. whoever spoke for the guys team was unnecessary. "My guys have 11 NC's and your guys have what - 2?". She knows full well it's 4, but pitting the guys against the gals for a "funny" moment - I'd rather see the women celebrating like crazy the 4 amazing NC's the men have won and vice versa.

I'm glad they didn't try to do a scrimmage of men AND women on the same team - mixing them up. Much better to see a 10-15 minute scrimmage of just the guys, then the same for the gals. Obviously the basket was a big fail.

I like the idea of interviewing Geno and Dan live. But why not have them speak to the crowd? They do hundreds of interviews so why waste time in a pep rally where no one can hear them? And why not put answers to questions from the players up on the big jumbo-tron? Is there any reason to interview players live? They could pick out better "moments" to put up for everyone to see and not put the players on the spot with lame questions. Or was all that done while they were trying to fix the baskets?

Why not do what they do on ESPN for all star games and what not? Have a short 3 point contest and dunking contest? That could be better organized.

Who was the little girl? I'll be honest - I have no interest in seeing a her interviewed, I don't care if she was Geno or Dan's granddaughter. It's a pep rally about crazy fans, the team, and high energy, not a platform for cuteness from a little girl.

Anyway just some random thoughts. I'll admit i did not watch the entire thing. Just the intros.My $.02...
Your $.02 is trading at no more than $.01 now. The "little girl" has been a "Team Impact" member of the team for the past two years, although less visible last year with the pandemic. She did attend last year's final four (to no avail) but perhaps she will be the extra spark needed to bring home a NC this year

Reaction Score
Paraphrasing here, but the last question to Paige...

"What's your favorite thing to do?"

"Just get the ball to my teammates. Everyone eats."

What a person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger