First Night Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

First Night Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look at Geno, so intense in a scrimmage. Comes away with the win. The guy only knows how to win.

Did we miss the three point competition? I didn't see it.
Yeah was wondering the same thing. They said it was coming up after the player intros, but it seemed like it went right into the game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It has grown on me. I don't mind it, but I didn't hate it when it was first introduced either. It did take some time to get used to.
FWIW I love the new logo. Brings UCONN to the 21st century. The old logo was too nice. UCONN kicks ass and should have a bit of a mean streak, and I think the new logo reflects that.

Reaction Score
ESPN coverage has ended at 8:41. Good job ESPN. Looks like fans on the floor?

Reaction Score
Did the ESPN graphic show the Stanford game as Nov. 11th? That would be the second major blunder of the night. Or did I just see it wrong?

Reaction Score
So the ESPN guy working with Rebecca said the UCONN men are #15 in the pre-season poll, and that you can expect the UCONN women to be in the top 3 in the pre-season polls. Top 3 - really?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
So the ESPN guy working with Rebecca said the UCONN men are #15 in the pre-season poll, and that you can expect the UCONN women to be in the top 3 in the pre-season polls. Top 3 - really?[/QUO

I think you can probably take that one to the bank.

Reaction Score
Very impressed with Nurse. She was confident, loose, and that over the head pass reception and smooth conversion to a score was spectacular. Didn't look like a freshman.

Kiah looked like she has reinvented herself. Her confidence now matches her spectacular physique. Can you imagine Kiah even taking a 3 pointer last year, let alone making it?

Reaction Score
So the ESPN guy working with Rebecca said the UCONN men are #15 in the pre-season poll, and that you can expect the UCONN women to be in the top 3 in the pre-season polls. Top 3 - really?
That just shows his ignorance. Anyone paying any attention to the womens game would know UCONN will be in the top one!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Edwards showed real quickness and ball-handling skills, but I think she'll come along slowly.

Williams looks like someone who will need time to remove the rust of surgery and missed games.

I wish Ekmark had looked quicker and more athletic. I don't really see a Faris comparison there. I think her shot will be her calling card and easily her biggest strength.

Nurse looked very quick, mobile, athletic, and confident. We had already seen her pitbull style on defense with Canada. Her shooting probably needs work, but she seems most likely to contribute early.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The few times I have seen her play that was one of the things I noticed. She runs the floor.

Butler also made a really good defensive play cutting off the baseline after Tuck had driven past her.

Reaction Score
Look at all those banners! By the way, is Storrs really in the middle of nowhere? How far from Boston, Hartford, Providence, and New York? I think some need to go to some other schools to realize what "middle of nowhere" really means. Many of the big schools are surrounded by corn fields and 3 hours from the nearest city. I mean in Connecticut middle of nowhere means you only have one interstate and one shopping mall in your town and maybe no one delivers after 10 pm. Living here we really have no clue what middle of nowhere really means. I've been to truly middle of nowhere places. Nearly 90% of Connecticut is classified as (sub)urban by the U.S. Census Bureau.
Great take. Now you want middle of nowhere? How about one hour from Indianapolis (which is nowhere) and two hours from Chicago, which is the same as nowhere since you can't get a decent slice in that town!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Impressive scene.

B0MQNCnCYAAZvSg.jpg:large

Previous

Reaction Score
Great take. Now you want middle of nowhere? How about one hour from Indianapolis (which is nowhere) and two hours from Chicago, which is the same as nowhere since you can't get a decent slice in that town!
I hate hearing that UConn is in the middle of nowhere. It's not. If by middle of nowhere you mean within a couple hours drive of one of the biggest cities on the planet, then yeah, UConn is obviously in the middle of nowhere :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom