First Night Takeaway’s (or lack there off ) | The Boneyard

First Night Takeaway’s (or lack there off )

Reaction Score
While we can all agree production for those who watched online was awful, couple of small pieces I took away as a passionate fan.

1. Though not a shock. Sounded like Hurley has 4 starters penciled in:
1) Tristen
2)Cam
3) Alex
4) Clingan

Last spot open for Steph presumably but the staff clearly making him earn it

2) Energy Inside was LOUD- just a good look for the players and future recruits in the building.

3) we have some SERIOUS shooting talent.
- Cam spencer
-AK
- Jayden Ross
-Newton
All seem like reliable shooters. Spacing will be gorgeous

4) Just all around good vibes, players and fans were into it, you can tell the men and women are close which is awesome to see.

5) Just get me to the start of the season!!

Reaction Score
While we can all agree production for those who watched online was awful, couple of small pieces I took away as a passionate fan.

1. Though not a shock. Sounded like Hurley has 4 starters penciled in:
1) Tristen
2)Cam
3) Alex
4) Clingan

Last spot open for Steph presumably but the staff clearly making him earn it

2) Energy Inside was LOUD- just a good look for the players and future recruits in the building.

3) we have some SERIOUS shooting talent.
- Cam spencer
-AK
- Jayden Ross
-Newton
All seem like reliable shooters. Spacing will be gorgeous

4) Just all around good vibes, players and fans were into it, you can tell the men and women are close which is awesome to see.

5) Just get me to the start of the season!!
I said in another thread the outside shooting will be off the charts with this team and it may be our best shooting team ever. With a healthy Donovan and outside shooters all over this team is going to be close to impossible to defend.

Reaction Score
I said in another thread the outside shooting will be off the charts with this team and it may be our best shooting team ever. With a healthy Donovan and outside shooters all over this team is going to be close to impossible to defend.
I’m too lazy to go digging up receipts, but there were a TON of posters in the first 1-2 years of Hurley’s time here who said to get used to ugly ball because beautiful offense was not something Hurley was ever known for / capable of doing.

I’m so glad he’s proven them all wrong over the last year, can’t wait for this year!

Reaction Score
I’m too lazy to go digging up receipts, but there were a TON of posters in the first 1-2 years of Hurley’s time here who said to get used to ugly ball because beautiful offense was not something Hurley was ever known for / capable of doing.

I’m so glad he’s proven them all wrong over the last year, can’t wait for this year!
By KenPom we had a higher ranked offense (#3) than defense (#7) last year!

The narratives would have you believe we were destined to be SDSU or Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Outside in a long line waiting to get in, in front of the Werth Center, Luke Murray came out with Isaiah Abraham and his cousin Patrick Ngongba in tow, and walked right by us ten feet away or so. I wanted to say " Isaiah, Patrick, welcome to UConn Nation", but I didn't, and now I sorta wish I did. It would have been fine, it seemed not too many in line recognized them, although a couple of people started clapping further down, and there were a lot of smiles.

Not too much action at First Night although Ross, Spencer, Newton, and Karaban made a lot of threes in the 3 contest, five or six in a row. The girls shot very well too.

Jaylin Stewart looks very relaxed, and with a good handle out on the perimeter. Thicker body type than some others, he may prove to be a handful inside and out once he finds his groove. Really looking forward to watching his play this season, and Stephon Castle's too, in some serious competitive games. Solo Ball and Jaden Ross each had a nice dunk in-between contests, and Hassan Diarra looked good out there too.

Paige Bueckers got the loudest ovation the whole night, except the one for Geno.

Reaction Score
Outside in a long line waiting to get in, in front of the Werth Center, Luke Murray came out with Isaiah Abraham and his cousin Patrick Ngongba in tow, and walked right by us ten feet away or so. I wanted to say " Isaiah, Patrick, welcome to UConn Nation", but I didn't, and now I sorta wish I did. It would have been fine, it seemed not too many in line recognized them, although a couple of people started clapping further down, and there were a lot of smiles.

Not too much action at First Night although Ross, Spencer, Newton, and Karaban made a lot of threes in the 3 contest, five or six in a row. The girls shot very well too.

Jaylin Stewart looks very relaxed, and with a good handle out on the perimeter. Thicker body type than some others, he may prove to be a handful inside and out once he finds his groove. Really looking forward to watching his play this season, and Stephon Castle's too, in some serious competitive games. Solo Ball and Jaden Ross each had a nice dunk in-between contests, and Hassan Diarra looked good out there too.

Paige Bueckers got the loudest ovation the whole night, except the one for Geno.
Don’t sleep on Stewart, Ross, and Ball. I’m bullish on all three, especially longer term.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing how great the shooting was. Love hearing this. This could be another special team. Sharing a picture of the Championship Ring my son sent to me.
IMG_20231013_230947.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I keep hearing how great the shooting was. Love hearing this. This could be another special team. Sharing a picture of the Championship Ring my son sent to me. View attachment 92075
That thing is huge. It's like wearing a Snapple lid on your finger!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom