First Night Livestream | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First Night Livestream

Reaction Score
Tried to stay positive but the events are horrible. I hope they learn something and maybe just run some drills next year. Or maybe a game of horse.

Reaction Score
The event has always been somewhat lame at times. But this is awful. Would have been better if they did nothing.

Reaction Score
I really really really hope the recruits on campus this weekend get the Louisville treatment after this. Gotta impress them somehow. First Night looks depressing this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you aren't going to go all out then don't do this stupid exercise (IMHO)
Its an embarrassment not only to the real fans but to casual fans and worse of all - to any recruits
I hope Coach Hurley opens his eyes to realize that this is not a good picture at all
If Geno and his team like it - let them have their own
This time is better used for one of those ridiculous closed door preseason scrimmages
They should be playing PeeCee tonight for charity

Reaction Score
Its an embarrassment not only to the real fans but to casual fans and worse of all - to any recruits
I hope Coach Hurley opens his eyes to realize that this is not a good picture at all
This time is better used for one of those ridiculous closed door preseason scrimmages

ya well the NCAA wouldnt allow a 3rd game, they would have to drop one of their EXH games for a PC EXH charity game.

Reaction Score
Feels like a bit of an overreaction. The livestream quality was bad (should get a real TV crew in the future for this or be good enough again that ESPN does it for them like 2014 after the Natty) but it looked live every other First Night if you were actually there which recruits probably enjoy and gets fans excited.

Reaction Score
This event was bad when it was actually at midnight and had thousands of rowdy drunk kids so I’m not surprised to hear it still stinks.

Reaction Score
I think coach Hurley has bigger to things to focus on then the "optics" of first night. Geez...

Reaction Score
It's 8:45pm on a Friday night. Get Akok and Wahab to wherever the best party is tonight and they'll forget all about Ayo and Teo's lackluster performance

Reaction Score
It is a slightly exaggerated high school pep rally, what do ppl expect? The hope is the kids look past the flash and demand substance....which is UConn history and coaching. Otherwise go somewhere else where a night like this might be super awesome, mannnnn, but then how many 'ships does the team have? If a player makes a choice based on one night not the correct choice for UConn, go elsewhere. (Please).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Agreed with the guy who said just invest in a concert. See if drake is doing anything this day a year from now.

Reaction Score
Feels like a bit of an overreaction. The livestream quality was bad (should get a real TV crew in the future for this or be good enough again that ESPN does it for them like 2014 after the Natty) but it looked live every other First Night if you were actually there which recruits probably enjoy and gets fans excited.
Nah people were leaving mid way through. The 3v3 was a terrible idea. And the crowd was dead for the most part.

Reaction Score
I've probably watched the last 5 or so First Nights, and this was the worst one I've seen. The whole thing just seemed awkward. Bring back Joe D, a legitimate dunk contest, and the intergender scrimmage.

Reaction Score
@Storrs South @tcf15 have you guys put in resumes for their media and marketing departments?

I'll speak for myself that I'm not qualified; the folks in their marketing department are way more talented. Could never put together a video like the one below from last night. The things I post generally don't require a significant amount of skill, more just do you want to put in the effort.

Whoever is running this space in the AD clearly has not prioritized this since the 2015-2016 season when they posted to YouTube really cool highlight packages after each game. It doesn't take very long to post this kind of stuff, but for some reason no one in the AD has bothered since.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'll speak for myself that I'm not qualified; the folks in their marketing department are way more talented. Could never put together a video like the one below from last night. The things I post generally don't require a significant amount of skill, more just do you want to put in the effort.

Whoever is running this space in the AD clearly has not prioritized this since the 2015-2016 season when they posted to YouTube really cool highlight packages after each game. It doesn't take very long to post this kind of stuff, but for some reason no one in the AD has bothered since.

they at least need feedback on what's wrong and what they need to do to improve

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom