The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
1000x563

1000x563

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Names???

AEH, Crystal, Molly, Kyla and Lauren. Might as well let Ms Cox meet her future teammates, right?

Photo taken in an SRO Gampel before the spectacular light show, mixed scrimmage, 3-point contest, etc.

Tomorrow she gets introduced to the Champions Center. after lunch with the current team. (A.M. conferences with medical staff and faculty figures.)

And tomorrow evening dinner with the Auriemmas and special guests.

Sign right here, kid.:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
AEH, Crystal, Molly, Kyla and Lauren. Might as well let Ms Cox meet her future teammates, right?

Photo taken in an SRO Gampel before the spectacular light show, mixed scrimmage, 3-point contest, etc.

Tomorrow she gets introduced to the Champions Center. after lunch with the current team. (A.M. conferences with medical staff and faculty figures.)

And tomorrow evening dinner with the Auriemmas and special guests.
Special guests? The Minnesota Lynx??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On the topic of 3-point shooting, Moriah was very good in high school. I think she lacked confidence early on at UConn, but over the past 1.5 seasons, she shot the ball as well as ANYONE.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Forget the special guest. Kib any intel on the dinner menu?

I am not so foolish as to try to outsmart Nonna Auriemma, but you can be certain that familia Cox will learn to master the basics, like "buon appetito," "mangia mangia," and "al dente" before the gelatto or spumoni are served.:)

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am not so foolish as to try to outsmart Nonna Auriemma, but you can be certain that familia Cox will learn to master the basics, like "buon appetito," "mangia mangia," and "al dente" before the gelatto or spumoni are served.:)
No doubt Nonna can throw down in the kitchen.

Reaction Score
Wbbfan1: It is not enough to just "like" you for this thread. You have taken a lot of your time to take these photos and immediately post them. It is so easy to go to an event and only be concernered with you own enjoyment. You took the time to share with those who are unable to attend. That is an act of an exceptionally kind person. Thank you.

HGN

Reaction Score
Morgan didn't play in the scrimmage. Minor hamstring issue so held her out, says Jim Fuller.
Thanks UConnCat, I was wondering about Morgan as well. You answered my question.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
In all honesty, I did not attend 1st Night as I don't live in CT. I monitored twitter and uploaded images as they were posted. Wish I was able to attend, as it seems it was a good time for all. :)

Wbbfan1: It is not enough to just "like" you for this thread. You have taken a lot of your time to take these photos and immediately post them. It is so easy to go to an event and only be concernered with you own enjoyment. You took the time to share with those who are unable to attend. That is an act of an exceptionally kind person. Thank you.

Reaction Score
What a great college experience!!! My 2 kids graduated from UConn but we have never seen anything like this year First Night!!! Thanks Wbbfan1 for the videos!!!

Reaction Score
If you're a top recruit, why would you go anywhere else? Do you want to win championships or not? It really boils down to that if you're the best of the best.

Sadly, it's not so cut and dried. Some want to be close to home; some prefer a warmer climate; some want a diploma from a "top" academic institution; almost all want significant playing time; for some there's the challenge of lifting up a weak program; some can't stand the high standards and/or the pressure of playing at UConn. Probably other reasons . . . In a perverse sense, it's just as well that many good players find their way to other programs to provide competition (Lauren excepted).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a great experience for the fans and players and potential recruits. I am bummed about the injuries - to have the entire summer off to work out etc, for Natalie, DJB, and Morgan to start the season with injuries is not a good thing. Hopefully they all get well soon... I know last year, for Ekmark, her injuries kept her out of practice and exercising/working out just long enough for her season to basically be a bust. Let's hope that's not the case for Natalie, and especially for DJB - her injuries sound a tad more serious...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What are the injuries to DJB and Morgan?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Morgan has a hamstring strain, DJB is having issues with an Achilles as well as continued recovery for her wrist, and Butler just injured her left thumb in practice - severity unknown at this moment - happened when it was hit with a basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom