First Night Images | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First Night Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Boykin also dealing with an Achilles issue according to Adamec. He says Butler will have her wrist examined over the weekend.

Reaction Score

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller tweet

Geno Auriemma on #UConn frosh Napheesa Collier & Katie Lou Samuelson: "They pick things up quickly and they are good."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stop it! Mo is a great 3 pt shooter. KML is the best ..EVER!
The last two years Mo shot a higher percentage on her threes and on all shots she was significantly higher. The gold standard on accuracy at Uconn is Sue and Moriah was off her best year by 1/10 of 1% last year.
KML shot a much higher volume of 3s, but Moriah was more accurate.

Reaction Score
The last two years Mo shot a higher percentage on her threes and on all shots she was significantly higher. The gold standard on accuracy at Uconn is Sue and Moriah was off her best year by 1/10 of 1% last year.
Yeah, that Kaleena was a chucker :cool:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Volume matters though. The more one takes the harder it is to maintain that high an average. Not that Jefferson can't really shoot; she clearly can.

Wouldn't make much of overall shooting percentage either. How many uncontested layups did Moriah get off her own or teammates' forced TO's? Again, not a downgrade of Jefferson, but KML doesn't get those uncontested shots.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Volume matters though. The more one takes the harder it is to maintain that high an average. Not that Jefferson can't really shoot; she clearly can.

Wouldn't make much of overall shooting percentage either. How many uncontested layups did Moriah get off her own or teammates' forced TO's? Again, not a downgrade of Jefferson, but KML doesn't get those uncontested shots.
Ah, but how many brilliant Jefferson passes was KML the recipient of?!:rolleyes::cool:
No argument from me. But Jefferson is a sharp shooter - the most efficient scoring guard (PG or SG) to play significantly at Uconn from all the numbers I have checked.

Reaction Score
Well the Boykin and Butler injuries sound discouraging.

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 3m3 minutes ago
UConn sophomore Natalie Butler has an injury to her right thumb and is also out. #UConnwomen not sure yet what the extent of injury is

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 4m4 minutes ago
UConn freshman De'Janae Boykin has not practiced yet because of wrist and Achilles issues. Program isn't sure when she will be back

Oh crap. That really SUCKS. However, Altavilla tweeted a correction- Butler's injury is to her LEFT thumb. Still sucks, but better her left than her right. crap crap crap :(

Any injury update/further information on either young lady's condition would be appreciated.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
MoJeff has made herself into a very accurate 3pt shooter through very hard work. But let's not kid her ourselves and forget that the game plan in a few key UCONN games (Stanford, Baylor & ND) up until last season (MoJeff's Junior year ) was to sag off and give her the 3 Pt shot. I NEVER EVER saw anyone sag off KML.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Crowd

CRe3uQdUEAA8Kkc.jpg

HGN

Reaction Score
Wow MoJeff! I would have lost money on that one.
Me too......But it makes me smile to think that she could be even more deadly this year from the outside than she was last year.

So who does the other team slack off of now?

HGN

Reaction Score
Mo is a great 3 pt shooter. Better than KML even.
Hoops , I wouldn't quite go that far......Mo has gotten better. But to say she's better than KML?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom