First Night Coverage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First Night Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We need a damn dunk contest too. Facey purvis and boat would all SHOW out
I'd rather have contests to see who can guard a chair the best, who can can come closest to guessing when 20 minutes has passed without looking at a watch, and who can best translate what JC has said after JC discusses a topic. Any of these would pay homage to the Boneyard vs. a run of the mill dunk contest.

Of course we could add pizazz to the dunk contest by giving each player a cup of "Dunking" :cool: Donuts and seeing who can dunk the ball and spill the least coffee. But only if Dunkin Donuts is willing to pony up some dough. Preferably the greenback variety.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This may be nitpicking on my end, but I wish they could come up with a more UConn-centric name for this other than "First Night".
Hungry Husky night and have the PA dude play stomach gurgling sounds after made baskets. Start the night with Bazz's statement after getting the trophy after last years championship. Play it again at half time. And play it as fans are leaving the arena. Can't have enough of that. Throw in a vid of the team consuming donuts with other teams logos on it.

Reaction Score
Have you been there to watch the quiz show? You may think twice about that one...

Then again if you watched the last dunking contest where Maya and Tina were trying to dunk you may want to watch Simon Sez and quiz shows!

My point exactly! What I'd really love to see far more than dunking or Pictionary or whatever is the famous rebounding drill. I'd pay to see that, but somehow I doubt it will happen. Wouldn't want to scare the kids in the audience.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Because dunk contests have devolved into the most boring non-spectacles in sports. I'd rather watch a quiz show. Now, if you mixed the two so that you had to answer a question while dunking...then you might be onto something.
I think college kids could make it more interesting, I'm sure they have wild imaginations and could make up some cool new dunks. First night is all about excitement, fun, and the players showing off for the fans. A dunk contest just seems like a no brainer to me

Reaction Score
This may be nitpicking on my end, but I wish they could come up with a more UConn-centric name for this other than "First Night".

Yeah how about "Midnight Madness" at Midnight -you know scrimmage. dunk contest and 3 pt. contest(along with looking to see what recruits are there)-Men's team only. Like it used to be before UCONN decided to tie both programs together at the hip.

First Night can be the women's team at 7 pm

Reaction Score
I thought the combined team exhibition game was fun. Anyone know if they are doing that again?

Reaction Score
Yeah how about "Midnight Madness" at Midnight -you know scrimmage. dunk contest and 3 pt. contest(along with looking to see what recruits are there)-Men's team only. Like it used to be before UCONN decided to tie both programs together at the hip.

First Night can be the women's team at 7 pm

Bring the men back to Southington HS huh? LOL

Reaction Score
Bring the men back to Southington HS huh? LOL

I remember one year at SHS Gilad Katz got hit in the face (I thunk by another player) and got cut open. He was bleeding more than Vito Antuofermo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember one year ayt SHS Gilad Katz got hit in the face (I thunk by another player) and got cut open. He was bleeding more than Vito Antuofermo.

I also remember that.......those were a bit more fun back then as they played basketball for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom