First Music Thread of the Off Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

First Music Thread of the Off Season

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh I'm so happy that no one posted this one yet; my wife and I heard it on the radio (Sirius) while surfing the dial a few weeks ago on a road trip and we just listened contently and didn't say a word for the five-plus minutes. As soon as it was over we both said how much we liked it when we were kids and probably hadn't heard it in decades; GREAT story!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm linking the album version rather than a live performance mostly for the background harmony vocals of Emmylou.

Gotta love some Emmylou harmonizing.

The ending of this song has always been ambiguous to me. I think it could be interpreted either as him turning the gun on himself, or the bride and groom. What's your take?

Reaction Score
Gotta love some Emmylou harmonizing.

The ending of this song has always been ambiguous to me. I think it could be interpreted either as him turning the gun on himself, or the bride and groom. What's your take?
I confess that I don't know, my thoughts are exactly the same, could go either way. Lyle at his storytelling best and I've played it a lot.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Ozi, thank you. I've been wanting to start a thread on ballads, but never got 'round to it. I love a song that tells a story (and I love theme albums too).

Here's one of the Child Ballads. It tells the story of King Henry spending a night in a haunted house and bending to the will of the witch.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This one is especially heartbreaking, because it's the true story of the murder/suicide of Allison Moorer and Shelby Lynne's parents. This is a different version than I've heard (hidden track on her second album), but it's all I could find.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Add war stories to the list w/ mining and railroad tragedies.

They aren't household names, but husband and wife duo Buddy and Julie MIller are out of the spotlight superstars in Nashville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom