First Day of Training Camp | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First Day of Training Camp

Reaction Score
From this media note about Seattle's day 1 practice, it seems Evina doing quite well in the camp. Some excerpt about Evina
The move/her ability to get by her defender and into the paint was definitely a bright spot for her and it drew some “Ooohhs” and cheers from her teammates that were watching from the out-of-bounds baseline
What stood out the most to me from this session was that Evina Westbrook ran the point the entire time as the primary ballhandler. While I wouldn’t say Westbrook did anything to really “WOW” me, I was still impressed that she was already running as the backup point guard on Day 1.

Link to the article

Reaction Score
I would think that if the last roster spot comes down to a choice between Evina and Epiphany Prince, Evina should be favored, based on fitting more comfortably into Seattle's tight salary cap, being younger, and not having a 'tude.
So, just another Rutgers player with a "tude"? Give it a rest. She wouldn't have had such a long career if she had a "tude". I do agree that they should keep the younger Evina.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From this media note about Seattle's day 1 practice, it seems Evina doing quite well in the camp. Some excerpt about Evina

Link to the article
Leaving UConn and going to the WNBA Storm, in one day Evina went from being the team mom and oldest on a team, to being a rookie and one of the youngest on a team. To the players on this year's UConn team, she will ALWAYS be momma E. :)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Christyn training with Steven Johnson of NODAT Training yesterday
1f31f.png
1f60e.png
Love her shirt!

1650377798432.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Weird to see the Washington Bullets banner. :eek:
That was a l-o-n-g time ago.

Fun fact - Why was the name abruptly changed from one (the bullets) that carried an NBA World Championship to the Wizards? And why change the patriotic color scheme of red white and blue to white blue and bronze?

When did the Bullets change their name? In 1973, after moving to Landover, Maryland, they played a season as the Capital Bullets, and in 1974 they became the Washington Bullets, a name they kept until 1995, when owner Abe Pollin renamed the team the Washington Wizards because of the violent overtones of the word bullets.

On November 4, 1995, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, and close friend of then Wizards owner Abe Pollin, was assassinated at a Tel Aviv peace rally. Four days after his funeral, Pollin made the announcement that his team would no longer go by the name "Bullets," after 32 years of sporting the moniker. "My friend was shot in the back by bullets,” Pollin said. “The name ‘Bullets’ is no longer appropriate for a sports team.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Evina has great chance, coach Noelle Quinn really likes her and she likes UConn players.
CW also has great chance since Washington needs her.
Liv is not sure But I wish she can make the roaster.
The Storm as an organization likes UConn players… I hope Wash. needs CW because they drafted her; and let’s not send Liv to the roaster before she has a chance to show her wings!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom