First Day of Training Camp

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1650233176313.png

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I've thought that the way E was used at UConn was really preparing her for the WNBA, including those last dozen or so games coming off the bench. Say you're a head coach or GM and you have three players of the same talent level left and only one roster spot. Mightn't you gravitate toward the player who's comfortable coming off the bench, plays three positions, and can be the second backup to your 41-year-old point guard?

Reaction Score
I've thought that the way E was used at UConn was really preparing her for the WNBA, including those last dozen or so games coming off the bench. Say you're a head coach or GM and you have three players of the same talent level left and only one roster spot. Mightn't you gravitate toward the player who's comfortable coming off the bench, plays three positions, and can be the second backup to your 41-year-old point guard?
Remember Seattle has Bird-41, January-35, and Prince-34. They need a young guard who can backup both spots for limited minutes. And coming from Uconn, Evina can play defense.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Remember Seattle has Bird-41, January-35, and Prince-34. They need a young guard who can backup both spots for limited minutes. And coming from Uconn, Evina can play defense.
I would think that if the last roster spot comes down to a choice between Evina and Epiphany Prince, Evina should be favored, based on fitting more comfortably into Seattle's tight salary cap, being younger, and not having a 'tude.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'VE GOT TWO QUESTIONS THISMORNING.
1. Which one of our 3 seniors do you think has THE BEST chance of making their roster?
2. They are done with being on campus and attending classes because they are attending their respective team's training camps.

So I assume they have either finished their classes, or they will do the remainder of their classes on-line. This is the case for ALL of the WNBA draftees. Does anyone know the protocols for graduating players in this situation?

Incoming rookies that make the cut are usually allowed to return to campus only long enough to attend their graduation ceremonies. Most colleges and universities hold their commencement exercises sometime in mid May, after the WNBA season has commenced. This year, the WNBA season begins on May 6.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Evina has great chance, coach Noelle Quinn really likes her and she likes UConn players.
CW also has great chance since Washington needs her.
Liv is not sure But I wish she can make the roaster.
Even if Liv doesn’t get a spot in LA, I’d be willing to bet a good bit she lands on someone’s roster.

I’m with you in seeing how CW and E fit with Washington and Seattle and foreseeing Liv struggle in LA. Liv plays such a different style from Cambage and Zahui B that it feels like a huge mismatch in their offense.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Evina has great chance, coach Noelle Quinn really likes her and she likes UConn players.
CW also has great chance since Washington needs her.
Liv is not sure But I wish she can make the roaster.
This is my order also.

As far as classes go, if players were taking classes during summer sessions and front loading credits starting in freshman year, 2nd semester senior year c/w/should be pretty light? And, considering there were so many shifts to online classes from 2020, it may have been easier for them to finish up reqs by the draft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom