First day of practice | The Boneyard

First day of practice

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I thought it looked like a good first day of practice. I think the team will be better this year.
A team that has more experience and depth. I expect a big year.

Reaction Score
I thought it looked like a good first day of practice. I think the team will be better this year.
A team that has more experience and depth. I expect a big year.
Define big.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
25 wins overall. Make the E8 or FF.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Vols lost in the 2nd Rd of the NCAAs last season. Can they win a 2nd round game this season? Maybe, but I see that as the ceiling for this season's team.

Reaction Score
25 wins overall. Make the E8 or FF.
That seems a bit optimistic don’t you think? Especially after losing Davis. I’m sure Tenn will be a very solid team but there are questions

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Coach Harper has been as far as the Sweet 16 ONCE, and it wasn't with either of the P5 teams she's coached. That's in 17 years as a HC. Final 4 this year? Chances are between slim and none.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
That seems a bit optimistic don’t you think? Especially after losing Davis. I’m sure Tenn will be a very solid team but there are questions
I don't know about that. Remember Tennessee beat teams like Indiana and South Carolina last year. Green and Suarez are back from the injuries.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Coach Harper has been as far as the Sweet 16 ONCE, and it wasn't with either of the P5 teams she's coached. That's in 17 years as a HC. Final 4 this year? Chances are between slim and none.
She also has never had a team with this talent.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She also has never had a team with this talent.
I'll believe it when I see it. Also Tennessee hasn't been to the Final 4 since 2008, and they've had plenty of teams loaded with talent.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This season's team is not loaded with talent. It's the lack of elite talent that Harper is trying to address by bringing in better recruiters to her staff.

Poor shooting and poor passing (turnovers) will likely still be a problem.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This season's team is not loaded with talent. It's the lack of elite talent that Harper is trying to address by bringing in better recruiters to her staff.

Poor shooting and poor passing (turnovers) will likely still be a problem.
I think part of that is because Pat's health. It's not easy replacing a legend. UCLA men have one national title since Wooden left.

Reaction Score
I think Tennessee has the potential be really good this year but I don't see a final four in the cards for this season. A sweet 16 run seams reasonable. This season will likely be a huge one for Harper and her legacy/longevity at Tennessee will depend on how it turns out in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. Remember Tennessee beat teams like Indiana and South Carolina last year. Green and Suarez are back from the injuries.
And they lost to a Michigan team, which on paper, shouldn't have been a loss. Putting them onto a Final Four radar in pre-season is a reach.

I agree that I believe they'll be better this year, especially thanks to the 2021 class coming in. I'm also rooting for Horston to have a strong season. I think both she and Burrell can work really well together when they've on the court at the same time.

Reaction Score
Lol Volnation believe they will win the SEC, make the final four and Burrell will be SEC POY… they sure can dream can’t they?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Lol Volnation believe they will win the SEC, make the final four and Burrell will be SEC POY… they sure can dream can’t they?
We will all see how this team looks next month.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom