First Day of Games (11/7/) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

First Day of Games (11/7/)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm cautiously optimistic Washington may be on the road to improving. This might be a team that has a different leading scorer just about every game. After having a tough debut, Dalayah Daniels is pacing them w/ 12 at the half today. I like what I've seen of Fr. guards Ladine and Stines.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Villanova trailed by 2 with 4:00 to play and then closed on a 12-0 run for the win.

That’s a really sold win in a true road game for Villanova. There’s a reason they were in my top 25 along with Princeton :)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington won comfortably 82-60. Balanced scoring. I really hope as the season goes on we see Daniels and Grothaus both on the floor together. Hasn't happened at all thru 2 games AFAIK. Not sure why. 3 of the 4 Fr. guards have had some positive minutes so far. The 4th looked kinda lost in her debut tonight.

I was watching that while peaking at Stanford's game. Got off to a real slow start, but must've got going at some point, up by 25 at the half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kinda hard to believe Stanford was only up 17-12 thru Q1. Final score was 98-44. And that was with most of the starters barely playing in the second half.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke wins a ugly game in Davidson. 60-37. A win is a win.

I think they'll let Duke take that one, since Kara seems to enjoy the soft scheduling.

Imma have to come back and defend Coach

WOMENS MID MAJOR TOP 25®

Duke goes on the road to face two of the top 5 teams. At a Toledo squad overwhelming picked to win the MAC, a team who went 29-6 last season and returns its top 8 players. At a always tough FGCU that stomped us on our previous trip to SW Florida. We got assigned Northwestern in the ACC Big 10 Challenge (I preferred Michigan State).... throw in UConn, Oregon State/Iowa... that aint really soft. Looking at the rest of the ACC... nobody really stands out in terms of OOC. The school in Chapel Hill probably has the toughest one. Not ND, Not Louisville, Not VPI, or any of the rest of the top contenders.

I'm sure next year's schedule will be tougher.. not sure if the Big10/ACC challenge will be renewed.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...the post Judkins era at BYU is not off to a good start. 0-2 already, with losses to Colorado St. and Montana St. Moving to the Big 12 is not looking like a good idea, at least for womens hoops. Could have some good battles in women's volleyball, especially with Texas leaving soon.

Reaction Score
UCLA wins 64 to 43

UCR shot 30%
Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

UCLA shot 35%
UCLA is trying to take 5 freshmen and 3 players who didn't play last year because of injury, and mix them in with 3 returners. It's going to be ugly for awhile.

Also, there isn't a shooting guru on staff. That's pretty clear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom