First Day of Games (11/7/) | The Boneyard

First Day of Games (11/7/)

Reaction Score
Anyone going to any games on the first day?

I plan on heading to the JMA Wireless Dome(I'll never get used to calling it that) for the first Syracuse game of the FLJ era against Stony Brook.

Reaction Score
I’m 3000 miles away but looking forward to Northwestern @ Oregon which WILL be televised on the Oregon Sports Network (yay). Watch on my iPad 6:00 PM Eastern.

Reaction Score
I'll be at my local program's opening day as Denver University takes on Air Force - but I'll have Stanford on my phone for opening day as well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I might find my way a few miles down the road to check out Washington vs. Utah Tech (formerly Dixie St. apparently).

Reaction Score
I'm going to the Terps-George Mason game in Fairfax, Va. This was supposed to be the Owusu home game but she transferred to VPI. I would like to go to the South Carolina game on Veterans Day but the weather is supposed to be terrible on Friday. We'll see.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Arizona doesn't open till Thursday, when I do expect to be there.

In the interim, I will read scores and would watch anything intriguing on TV, but not there are any "good" games this week.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I’m 3000 miles away but looking forward to Northwestern @ Oregon which WILL be televised on the Oregon Sports Network (yay). Watch on my iPad 6:00 PM Eastern.
I'll actually be there. The absolutely terrible starting time (3pm PST) will unfortunately limit the crowd considerably. There's actually a form you can print out (signed by Graves) asking employers/professors to let folks out early. Don't know it it's serious, but the team could certainly use something close to its normal home court advantage.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arizona doesn't open till Thursday, when I do expect to be there.

In the interim, I will read scores and would watch anything intriguing on TV, but not there are any "good" games this week.
I think pretty much all of the Pac 12 teams are streaming their early season games, so you can check out a bit of the competition.

Reaction Score
I’ll be at the 1st game of the UVA coach Mox era. Looking forward to huge improvements over the past few seasons. Can’t wait to see how Sam B looks as well. Go Hoos!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think pretty much all of the Pac 12 teams are streaming their early season games, so you can check out a bit of the competition.
I don't watch games on streaming. Very, very rarely. I do check scores every night, as I post wins on my spreadsheet.

Reaction Score
I’ll be in Colonial Life Arena for South Carolina’s opener against ETSU. Then a 20 day wait til their next home date.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Go Rutgers and LSU! Although, I don't really have to stress about the LSU game much. :p

Reaction Score
Gopher women open the season tonight. Whalen’s best recruiting class gets a chance to show how good they really are.

Reaction Score
Yes, that I did see, and am looking forward to it. After we open, there are 2 good games on TV Friday - KState at Wisconsin (should be competitive, one can hope) and more prominently your Terps playing South Carolina.
It will be interesting to see how Tennessee defends tOSU talented guards.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how Tennessee defends tOSU talented guards.
And how is TOSU going to defend Jackson and Horston. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's not promising for Rutgers when they struggle against Hofstra. The Scarlet Knights escape a blushing scenario with a 73-68 win. Toledo runs absolutely roughshod over Wright State after opening up a 28-3 lead to kick off their campaign. Easy win for the Rockets. Duke wins by 20, but I didn't walk away from the snippets that I saw overly impressed by the Blue Devils - but I'll let Triad fill us in with his take on the battle for supremacy in North Carolina.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
It's not promising for Rutgers when they struggle against Hofstra. The Scarlet Knights escape a blushing scenario with a 73-68 win. Toledo runs absolutely roughshod over Wright State after opening up a 28-3 lead to kick off their campaign. Easy win for the Rockets. Duke wins by 20, but I didn't walk away from the snippets that I saw overly impressed by the Blue Devils - but I'll let Triad fill us in with his take on the battle for supremacy in North Carolina.
Fake Surprised Season 8 GIF by Friends

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I wasn't able to watch the game, but game reports are that the ref's were not good and were calling a bunch of ticky-tack fouls on Duke. Duke was called for 29 fouls and as a result, My Aggies shot 34-37 from the FT line :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused:

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

I wasn't able to watch the game, but game reports are that the ref's were not good and were calling a bunch of ticky-tack fouls on Duke. Duke was called for 29 fouls and as a result, My Aggies shot 34-37 from the FT line :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused:

Got the first complaining about the officiating post out of the way very early this season. I'm sure it won't be the last. I'll probably contribute some of those myself. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom