First Day of full contact? | The Boneyard

First Day of full contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
IIRC After the 5th practice the kids can suit up in full pads, which means, they start hittin a little more today, no? Gettin closer... 22 days til game time....
I believe you're correct. There is an official countdown to the season on a billboard along I-84 in Hartford and I get so excited every time I drive by.

Reaction Score
desmondconner12:39pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConnFootball TE tight Tommy Myers mixed it up with the bull today DT Julian Campenni: "At end of the day we're brothers" - Myers

desmondconner12:42pm via Twitter for iPhone
Dallas Parker has been moved from linebacker to tight end... Excellent hands. Got high praise from#UConnFootball OC Frank Verducci today

desmondconner 12:45pm via Twitter for iPhone
It doesn't look like LB Marquise Vann's job is under threat to me. May be Diaco trying to light a fire under him: same with Adeyemi at DE

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would have preferred to hear the Oline was stout.

Our DL is supposed to be one of our strengths this year. The OL is going to struggle, but hopefully by the end of camp they come together.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would have preferred to hear the Oline was stout.
Our DL is supposed to be one of our strengths this year. The OL is going to struggle, but hopefully by the end of camp they come together.

I feel like Charlie Brown and the football when I see this annual back and forth. Unfortunately for the past five seasons it has meant OLine was bad that year.

Reaction Score
Good Read

NHRJimFuller2:09pm via TweetDeck
DE/LB Luke Carrezola looking like an impact player and other thoughts from #UConn football practice
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/08/delb-carrezola-off-to-impressive-start.html

>>Today was practice No. 6 for the Huskies and the first that the media was able to watch. Once the team finished with the stretching and positional work, Carrezola began to make his presence felt in 11 on 11 and 1 on 1 drills. He showed tremendous explosion off the edge and I believe the only way he could have been in the backfield any more would be if he lined up at running back. If I were giving out three stars like they do in hockey, Carrezola. DT Foley Fatukasi and RB Ron Johnson would be my picks.<<

>>Listed at 242 a season ago, now Carrezola is listed at 255 pounds. He certainly looks like he is ready to make his presence felt.
"Now I am really excited for the season and just came into camp ready to go, give my best for the team," Carrezola said. "We have a great trainers here so they helped me every step of the way when I got hurt. Every day I just worked as hard as I could on rehab, as hard as I could in the weight room and I just developed my body."I am very comfortable, I love this defense, I love this team and I am going to give everything I can for UConn and the UConn fans. I am fine playing with a chip on my shoulder but like everybody else I am looking to get better and just get some wins."<<

>>Diaco also gave his thoughts on Shirreffs saying, "he is no longer the new guy. It's over, been there, done that, that's done and here we go. He goes out there and really tries to take command. It is really nice, it is what the team needs and what the offense needs. Bryant in particular has done a nice job leading that group."<<

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why (given the circumstances of the program), but this is definitely the most excited I've been for a football season. It feels like we're on the cusp of having a really solid team again.
Well said!!!

Reaction Score
It seems like every day we hear a player talking about Balis. Conditioning (or lack there of as we have seen) is a huge piece to the puzzle. Bigger,faster, STRONGER and deeper is my recipe for beating Villanova.

I think Diaco will have them spitting nails for the opener and I expect a different look than last years team.

Reaction Score
Starting to get a little bummed about having to work the home opener. Could be a very interesting game on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
I'd be happier about Mr. Carrezola, if our starting OT's were still named Beatty and Hicks.

I'm getting a little bit more excited for football every day though. Need to really come out of the gate strong and make a statement that Thursday night. I hope it happens. Would love to stomp the crap out of Villanova quickly, and rest the starters for the #2's and #3's and get 50+ players reps in the first game of the season that way.

Reaction Score
Let me put another beating on the dean horse.....

Our OL either controls the LOS against Nova and we bang with our RBs or it's a long season. Those guys absolutely need to be better physically, much better, than they were last season. That sets the table for everything else, including a defense that wouldn't need to be on the field constantly.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see Fatukasi stuff the run all year long

Between him and Campenni, life will be miserable for opposing AAC Quarterbacks. Really looking forward to seeing our guys play against Cincy and Gunner Kiel again.

In my opinion Fatukasi is going to be an absolute animal this year. He seems poised to break out and everything that the reporters have been tweeting/writing seems to back this up. Kid is an absolute savage for his size. Seems poised to continue the UConn Defensive Tackle to the NFL pipeline we've developed the last few years with Kendall Reyes and Shamar Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom