OT: - Fireworks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Fireworks

Reaction Score
I do not recall anything like what is going on with fireworks. I lived in Chicago, Atlanta, DC, and have spent time in every major city in the country. This is outside of my experience. And in New York they blasted a sleeping homeless dude with fireworks. Where did this come from? When did it start to be a thing?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Every night in my drought ridden, heavily wooded farm town (well, lots of dry fields).

There will be some very serious fires soon.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Real bad here is Stratford. The M80s are house shakers. Thought it was a high school graduation thing, but perhaps its boredom.

I don't get people's fascination with loud noises, cuz the fireworks around here certainly aren't colorful displays, just noisemakers.

I'm hoping by July 6th or so it ends, cuz my wife loves to sleep with the windows open and the noise doesn't bother here once she's out. I on the other hand have a hard time falling asleep. Was tempted to call 911 but this thread lets me know I am not alone.

Im at the point were I'm running a YouTube video with the sound of heavy rain. It drowns out the firework.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Every night in my drought ridden, heavily wooded farm town (well, lots of dry fields).

Better work on your alibi:

1593023284877.png

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

That’s what I’ve been thinking too. It’s so terribly dry that I’m actually shocked there haven’t been brush fires. Looks like another shot at rain today has come and gone for me

Reaction Score
Im at the point were I'm running a YouTube video with the sound of heavy rain. It drowns out the firework.
We've been Yarders together for decades and you're keeping the link to yourself.

Of course i could fish for myself, but I'm apt to get a blue gill which is ill equipped for M80 protection.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I remember when you had to go south to purchase fireworks and then sneak them up north along with cheap cigarettes. I don’t know when/where legal “up north” fireworks started but I don’t understand why “up north”people are surprised

Last edited:
Reaction Score
philly’s been doing this forever

at least the last 15 yrs i’ve been here

last nite was lit

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Good god! With my prostate problems I get up enough during the night. If I started playing you tube videos of heavy rain, I may never sleep again. It would drown out more than just fireworks

I have chronic kidney disease. That's been a problem for years. Odd thing is, turning the sound up a bit, rather than making it subtle, helps.

Adding a little subtle audio in the middle (couple hours in so you'll be asleep) from let's just say ... from you favorite movie, and there's just enough suggestion while you are asleep to create some awesome dreams. I use audio from The Omen, but you could use whatever you want.;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have chronic kidney disease. That's been a problem for years. Odd thing is, turning the sound up a bit, rather than making it subtle, helps.

Adding a little subtle audio in the middle (couple hours in so you'll be asleep) from let's just say ... from you favorite movie, and there's just enough suggestion while you are asleep to create some awesome dreams. I use audio from The Omen, but you could use whatever you want.;)
Plenty of decent white noise apps available for free. I favor one with an "air conditioner" noise. My wife doesn't need/like the noise so I put in earbuds. They come out (or I pull them out) when I fall asleep, but then I'm fine even if there is some noise. And I get to pretend that I don't hear my kids or the dog if they need something in the middle of the night!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I started wearing those soft foam ear plugs when I got the C-PAP. I don't leave home without them now. Perfect on a plane.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin described the fireworks this year as "unprecedented."

This guy is a total tool
He knows why and who

Reaction Score
The dramatic increase in fireworks across the country has fueled wild conspiracy theories. However, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, most people — from law enforcement officials to fireworks sellers and buyers — say the explanation is simple, as The New York Times recently reported:

After months of quarantine and social distancing, people are bored, and setting off fireworks for fun — and seeing fireworks just makes fireworks enthusiasts want to set off more fireworks.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Thoughts and prayers and Godspeed.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin described the fireworks this year as "unprecedented."

This guy is a total tool
He knows why and who
Luke's a great guy. I've shared a few drinks with him. He's easier to talk to and more relatable than many politicians. I was only a Hartford resident very briefly, but I do many things throughout the city, and I think he's done a heck of a job. He's performed well as Mayor.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Back in the UConn days a couple of my buddies and I took a ride from Stamford down to Chinatown a few weeks before the Fourth of July. We drove around a bit on the back (west) side asking people out the car window where we could buy fireworks.

Finally, a Chinese kids tells us "two retard*d kids on Baxter Street). We are thinking huh? but swing back around and drive up Baxter Street where we find two Italian kids selling fireworks. The heavy Chinese accent threw us off Lol. Good stuff if I recall...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom