OT: - Fireworks | The Boneyard

OT: Fireworks

Reaction Score
Anyone have a concrete theory as to what the hell is going in the country regarding the fireworks debacle that's been ongoing for the past few weeks. I live in Bridgeport and its been daily occurence well into the early morning for the past couple of weeks, I have friends and family in Boston, NYC, LA, Philly all saying the same thing. My twitter feed is filled with mutual follows all over the country complaining of the same thing nightly. Wtf is going on?

Reaction Score
I live close to Hartford and the fireworks have been terrible. The big ones. Last night there were smaller ones in my neighborhood. Anyone who owns a dog is going crazy.

Hartford Announces New Phone Number, Text Line for Residents to Report Illegal Fireworks

Like cities across Connecticut this spring, Hartford has seen a rise in illegal fireworks and outlined new enforcement plans on Wednesday.

Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin described the fireworks this year as "unprecedented."

"It's dangerous and it's affecting the lives of all of our residents," Bronin said.

Residents can now call a dedicated line at 860-757-0000 or text 860-294-8233 to report fireworks in Hartford.

A team of dedicated officers will be working overnight to respond to fireworks complaints. The mayor asked residents to provide specific information about when and where fireworks are being set off and to try to do it in real-time as it's happening.

"This is serious stuff, guys," Bronin said. "It really does hurt people, it really does hurt the community."

The mayor said the fireworks are keeping families up at night and impacting veterans who suffer from PTSD.

Police Chief Jason Thody said violators could face a misdemeanor summons though depending on the nature of the fireworks, some could face felony arrest.

"In 24 years, I don't know that I've ever seen it like this, even on Fourth of July weekend," Thody said."

Reaction Score
Fireworks all the time out here in Chicago but it's this way every summer with the lead up to the 4th. Past couple weekends it's unofficial Puerto Rican parade in Humboldt Park so you probably have even more than usual with some gunshots mixed in.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hadn't thought of this but I believe fireworks are down by where I live.

I can't recall last time I heard fireworks and normally we have lots of backyard fireworks displays.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I live in Manchester near the Bolton line and every night it’s fireworks and drag racing down 384 from May-September

Reaction Score

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Anyone have a concrete theory as to what the hell is going in the country regarding the fireworks debacle that's been ongoing for the past few weeks. I live in Bridgeport and its been daily occurence well into the early morning for the past couple of weeks, I have friends and family in Boston, NYC, LA, Philly all saying the same thing. My twitter feed is filled with mutual follows all over the country complaining of the same thing nightly. is going on?
baseline, heading into the fourth. I spent a few days last week in brooklawn bport, and also noticed some larger than normal blasts, but overall, everybody mostly toned it down by 11:30/midnight. of course, folks being locked in, plus having no pr day parade in ny, plus no barnum fest, made for a lot of stored up fireworks to get used, unscheduled like. nothing out of the ordinary for the gunfire (meh, never much). nice to see porch sitting coming back in a big way there. 5-0 all over st marys -nonpermit types get no slack if they leave the car. justice! lol.

Reaction Score
I live in Manchester near the Bolton line and every night it’s fireworks and drag racing down 384 from May-September

People bet stupid sums of money on their cars on the 384 races. I think around 40k changed hands a few weeks ago

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I can hear some going off as i read this thread.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
This is happening everywhere. I live in Old Wethersfield and it's going on here. I have a theory, and I think I'm spot on. It has five components, and I have an issue with the last one.

1 - Excess free time
2 - Excess disposable income
3 - Less vacations
4 - Fireworks shows canceld
5 - NH fireworks business are advertising on local radio

I do not see how #5 is legal. I still listen to local radio (95.7 and 93.7 - go ahead and judge), and New Hampshire fireworks stores are advertising on these stations. They are saying they have real fireworks and are right over the Mass. border. How is this legal? Legislation should address this. Those businesses should in turn contribute to our tax base.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s obviously a vast government psyop intended to desensitize us in advance of the quelling of violent insurrection.
shhhh,

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This is happening everywhere. I live in Old Wethersfield and it's going on here. I have a theory, and I think I'm spot on. It has five components, and I have an issue with the last one.

1 - Excess free time
2 - Excess disposable income
3 - Less vacations
4 - Fireworks shows canceld
5 - NH fireworks business are advertising on local radio

I do not see how #5 is legal. I still listen to local radio (95.7 and 93.7 - go ahead and judge), and New Hampshire fireworks stores are advertising on these stations. They are saying they have real fireworks and are right over the Mass. border. How is this legal? Legislation should address this. Those businesses should in turn contribute to our tax base.
6 - they are fun. just don't shoot your eye out.
please spare us more 'legislation.' and im guessing a potato gun or a golf ball rifle aren't in your garage inventory? if not, how do you pop the black bear in the backside to keep his nose out of places it doesn't belong? those are way more accurate than using a bottle rocket or a roman candle. and as far as that radio stuff, imma big fan, both am and fm. on the tunes side, mostly 104.1, but others too except that wplr place--that place is right out.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
6 - they are fun. just don't shoot your eye out.
please spare us more 'legislation.' and im guessing a potato gun or a golf ball rifle aren't in your garage inventory? if not, how do you pop the black bear in the backside to keep his nose out of places it doesn't belong? those are way more accurate than using a bottle rocket or a roman candle.
You are right, they are also fun. We can add that to my list, but those others reasons can’t be denied. They’ve been fun forever. How do we account for the massive spike? Fun alone can’t account for it.

Potato gun? Golf ball rifle? What set of woods did you crawl out of?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I have noticed them every night here lately in Palm Springs California. Not typical... especially considering they are banned in the city.

Reaction Score
Left my Dad's house in Bristol around 9:30 where fireworks had been going off since about 8pm, reached Bridgeport around 10:30 greeted by the booms that have been going for an hour now. Never seen anything like this.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You are right, they are also fun. We can add that to my list, but those others reasons can’t be denied. They’ve been fun forever. How do we account for the massive spike? Fun alone can’t account for it.

Potato gun? Golf ball rifle? What set of woods did you crawl out of?
a little bit surprised by the potato gun unfamiliarity. was kinda expecting it on the golf one as that is fairly new to me (about a couple of years). a pratt guy showed me his version. those people can make anything, but the potato one often is discussed with 'what hairspray, etc' is your preference? pvc tube artfully assembled, wick/fuse, hairspray, potato = yankee bear mover. ezpz. signed, jed clampett.

Reaction Score
Real bad here is Stratford. The M80s are house shakers. Thought it was a high school graduation thing, but perhaps its boredom.

I don't get people's fascination with loud noises, cuz the fireworks around here certainly aren't colorful displays, just noisemakers.

I'm hoping by July 6th or so it ends, cuz my wife loves to sleep with the windows open and the noise doesn't bother here once she's out. I on the other hand have a hard time falling asleep. Was tempted to call 911 but this thread lets me know I am not alone.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
People bet stupid sums of money on their cars on the 384 races. I think around 40k changed hands a few weeks ago
Last summer there was a fatal wreck that led to the deceased’s friends tracking down the other racer who happened to live in my neighborhood. Crazy stuff

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom