Fire the Refs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fire the Refs

Reaction Score
As a basketball referee I will tell you that there was no backcourt violation. Look at the replay and you will see that the dribbler did not gain control until she was in the backcourt. Merely touching the ball in the forecourt does NOT constitute possession. When she first touched the ball followed by the first bounce in forecourt, there was no possession yet. That was not a "dribble". This situation was no different than if the inbounder threw the ball directly to a teammate in the backcourt.
I honestly think the offensive foul called was worse. I'm not even going to weigh in on the backcourt violation. I don't think it would've been an issue if a blocking foul was called instead of a charge.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Again, they are burying that charging call. Look over here and debate the back court rules, and forget the other issue.

Imagine them making that call on Boston, or any of the other 'stars' on the top seeds in the last minute of a 2 point game - and the furor that would unleash. Especially if it was her 5th foul!

Reaction Score
Overall, I think the refs in the the NCAAW games are too involved. Ticky Tacky fouls, etc.

Let the kids play. Blatant fouls, sure, but there was a lot of weak weak fouls in the UConn / HP game. On both sides.
Yes, seems like too many calls away from the ball, raggard play, disjointed and hard to follow as the play by play is mostly story telling. The announcers aren't courtside and can't get the inside story on many plays. Let hope the calls are more real than Phantom of the Opera.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
?
Back in the day we spent so much time breaking down the rules for proper application on the feld was insane. Necessary, but crazy.

Read Art. 10. To have the ball to inbound that team has control of the ball. You have to have control to inbound the ball.

Was both of her feet off the floor when she tipped the ball? If so she is the only player on her team allowed to take possession in the back cort regardless of where her feet were regards to the half court line.

If one or both feel were in contact with the floor in the front court it was a violation as soon as she touched the ball in the back cort.

Just my read.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom