Fire PP (and GDL) Now before the USF Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Fire PP (and GDL) Now before the USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Susan basically said on the radio she doesn't care about football; she is too busy entertaining during games and doesn't have a clue what's happening on the field. Warde will force the issue when Coach P's performance threatens his job.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Susan basically said on the radio she doesn't care about football; she is too busy entertaining during games and doesn't have a clue what's happening on the field. Warde will force the issue when Coach P's performance threatens his job.
Pretty sure she said no such thing.

Reaction Score
Remember, major college athletics is a business and business is about money. Without money, neither Susan nor Warde can reach their goals.

Thus, if people really want the PP & GDL fired now and not at the end of the season, the UConn alumni who donate money to the school need to ban together and threaten to stop donating unless the PP & GDL show are gone before the USF game. That will get both Susan’s and Warde’s attention. Outside of illegal actions (Arkansas, UNC, Ohio St., etc.), that is the fastest and most effective way to eject a coach.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
PP & GDL Hit The Road Jack....

(Hit the road PP and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)

(Hit the road GDL and don't you come back no more.)

What you say?

Woah Warde, oh Warde, don't treat me so mean,

You're the meanest old Warde that I've ever seen.

I guess if you say so

I have to pack PP's things and go.
(That's right)

What you say?

well baby, listen Warde baby, don't ya treat me this-a way

Cause UCONN Football will be back on it's feet some day.

(Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood)

(you ain't got no Brains, you just ain't no good.)

Well, I guess if you say so

I'd have to pack PP's things and go. (That's right)

What you say?

well!!

(don't you come back no more.)

you must be joking?

what you trying to do to me?

i came to talk it over

i thaught we had a better understanding

oh baby dont be so chicken

you dont want to see me cry x2

oh baby it isnt fair

ooh yeahh

C

Chief00

Pretty sure she said no such thing.
Actually, when someone is "sure" about something they did not hear-more often than not they are wrong. Susan, when asked a question about this year's team did have that response. She said if someone is serious about the game they would go in the AD suite where it is quieter and less entertaining going on.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Eh, whatever Chief. Don't have the will or desire to argue about it. I did listen to her NPR interview, and only someone with an axe to grind would take her words as not caring. Believe what you wish.

Reaction Score
For the computer savvy (I'm not) I think a photo of Warde peering into the periscope of a submarine while on monitoring duty is appropriate.

Reaction Score
Maybe moving a little closer to a decision?

No, this is going to require a face-to-face meeting and it will happen this week, a bye week for the Huskies, Manuel said Sunday night.

"Twelve hours, 18, 24 hours after the fact, whatever it is, my position has not changed from what I told you after the game. This is unacceptable."

Manuel said he hasn't yet decided Pasqualoni's future but repeated that he reserves the right to make a move at any time.

Reaction Score
Maybe moving a little closer to a decision?

No, this is going to require a face-to-face meeting and it will happen this week, a bye week for the Huskies, Manuel said Sunday night.

"Twelve hours, 18, 24 hours after the fact, whatever it is, my position has not changed from what I told you after the game. This is unacceptable."

Manuel said he hasn't yet decided Pasqualoni's future but repeated that he reserves the right to make a move at any time.
Source?

Reaction Score
Post here so Warde and the Horde hear us loud and proud
Warde,
It really is needed - the team and fans have totally lost confidence in this staff.

Relieve them of their duties - ASAP.

Thank you for valuing my input.

Reaction Score
How does PP still have a job today? He really is gonna be on the sidelines vs USF?? Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
skib, nice job pinning this after Saturday. . . .think a "Thank you Warde, now let's get a real coach" thread should be pinned next

C

Chief00

Just for the record Jacobs has a quote from Herbst consistent with her radio comment. Her concern is alumnae and fans; Warde is the football guy.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just for the record Jacobs has a quote from Herbst consistent with her radio comment. Her concern is alumnae and fans; Warde is the football guy.
You will believe what you like no matter what, but you are just wrong. The quote you are referring to is two things : 1) it is in relation to her support of Warde's decision to fire P; 2) it's exactly what you would expect a school president to say.

"I supported him very strongly," Herbst said. "He's the football expert. I think I am good at understanding our fans and alumni."

She also said yesterday : "I think it shows we are bold, want to win and succeed, and we are incredibly serious about football."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom