Fire Mick Cronin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fire Mick Cronin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s a decent coach who seems to think way too much of himself.

His teams will never win much playing such a dreadful brand of basketball.
eh, he's 182-68 over the last 7 seasons and this year. I think he's doing ok.

Reaction Score

Wins a ton of big games too. LOL. Good coach nothing to go crazy over and he's way over the top with his stares. They win games they're supposed to if that's ok with them then good. Will never see an Elite 8 never mind a FF, he's not a good enough coach.

Reaction Score
...and consistently come up short in March.

He talks like a guy with multiple titles, but his resume is just ok.

Reaction Score
I love the fire of mike cronin. Small guys always wants to step up to the biggest guys.

And loses to the biggest guys too. He's an idiot with a solid regular season coaching record. And the "fire he has" stuff, let's not get crazy he likes to show off that Napoleon complex crap and it's way over the top sometimes. I'm guessing he's lucky he hasn't had one of his players knock his head off, wish Macura just did he had it coming.

Reaction Score
If he keeps missingthe tournament, puts up the worst season in 30 years, was unranked, laughed out of their early season tournament, almost lost to a bad Ivy League team, and struggle past American east teams, while at what's suppose to be a top 5 powerhouse, then you have something here.

Reaction Score
If he keeps missingthe tournament, puts up the worst season in 30 years, was unranked, laughed out of their early season tournament, almost lost to a bad Ivy League team, and struggle past American east teams, while at what's suppose to be a top 5 powerhouse, then you have something here.

Here's the funny stuff about these posts, if KO was getting to the tournament like Mick Cronin does, and kept falling short like Mick Cronin was then many here would still want him fired because we actually do won NC's here at UConn right?

Oh and ours did win a NC and Napoleon hasn't even sniffed a NC's a**...hmmmm?

Reaction Score
Cronin inherited a disaster in 2006. He hasn't been there that long. He's had Cincinnati as a consistent power program for the last 7 years now. The guys a little piece of . But he's a great coach who will keep them relevant for another decade or more. If he doesn't do more in March in that time, I'd be shocked.

Acting like he's a bad coach because they haven't had a breakthrough in the tourney yet is insane. Acting like he's a bad coach because you think he's crazy and angry is even more insane for anyone part of a fan base that lauded Jim Calhoun for 30 years.

Reaction Score
Cronin inherited a disaster in 2006. He hasn't been there that long. He's had Cincinnati as a consistent power program for the last 7 years now. The guys a little piece of . But he's a great coach who will keep them relevant for another decade or more. If he doesn't do more in March in that time, I'd be shocked.

Acting like he's a bad coach because they haven't had a breakthrough in the tourney yet is insane. Acting like he's a bad coach because you think he's crazy and angry is even more insane for anyone part of a fan base that lauded Jim Calhoun for 30 years.

No one said he's a bad coach read it. But only you say he's a great coach. Great coaches win big games, he's yet to do that. Ours has!

Reaction Score
In this corner at 6' 5" and weighing 203 lbs...JP Macura

In this corner at 3' 5" and weighing 65 lbs....
55_Macura_J_P.JPG

giphy.gif

Hey a**hole that's 3'7 in-shoes. Watch your mouth

Reaction Score

Ollie was put in a tougher spot. I love Coach Calhoun but he walked away like Houdini. The school was banned from the tournament, lost scholarships, players transferred (Roscoe Smith, Alex Oriaki, micheal Bradley). Andre Drummond and Jeremy Lamb turned Pro. Oh, and then we had the Privilege to be put in the All American conference. Recruits herd rumors of Coach Calhoun dying, Kevin Ollie was giving a 6 months contract. As much as I love UCONN basketball I can't be naive to facts and truth.

Reaction Score
Ollie was put in a tougher spot. I love Coach Calhoun but he walked away like Houdini. The school was banned from the tournament, lost scholarships, players transferred (Roscoe Smith, Alex Oriaki, micheal Bradley). Andre Drummond and Jeremy Lamb turned Pro. Oh, and then we had the Privilege to be put in the All American conference. Recruits herd rumors of Coach Calhoun dying, Kevin Ollie was giving a 6 months contract. As much as I love UCONN basketball I can't be naive to facts and truth.
It's true. Ollie's spot was rough. But Calhoun controlled the situation the way he wanted to with the changeover, and he left quite a nice set of players behind. Obviously the ban and scholarship issues would cost us, but clearly those weren't the core issues at play. I don't think it was nearly as bad a situation as Cincinnati's was at the time though. Huggins was fired amid a scandal. The team was totally cleaned out and had no players. When Cronin was brought in the ship was already sunk. They had football players filling roster holes and were way under 500 when he started. Took at least 5 years for them to get back to a reasonable place.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
after watching the two post games press conferences I have come to the conclusions that Chris Mack is a class guy with an edge and Mick Cronin is a piece of garbage who has some type of complex.
Yeah Cronin has won games but his team are thugs and they will never win any big games with him at the helm. The guy is wound up way too tight and someday someone is going to flatten him or find him swinging from his office ceiling light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom