Fire Cummings | The Boneyard

Fire Cummings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Diaco looks like he's afraid to make big boy decisions but the defense has been acceptable.

I was disgusted by the number of 3rd and 4th down conversions where UConn did not get pressure nor did they cover anyone, but giving up 10 points is more than enough to win D1 games.

The offense is a mess, it has no identity and the TE's are a mess. The common theme? Cummings is both the O coordinator and the TE coach. The TE's tonight (and all season long) committed multiple false starts, missed blocking assignments and are entirely ineffective.

When a new leader takes over an organization it's expected for him to bring in his own people and fit them in to roles. Usually one or two, for whatever reason, don't work out. Right now, Cummings' responsibilities and performances are sticking out like a sore thumb.

It's acceptable to shock the system while transitioning. Get rid of Cummings.

Reaction Score
Overall on 3rd down this team is just horrible. On defense we are a 16 yard play waiting to happen and a sack on offense.

Reaction Score
Diaco looks like he's afraid to make big boy decisions but the defense has been acceptable.

I was disgusted by the number of 3rd and 4th down conversions where UConn did not get pressure nor did they cover anyone, but giving up 10 points is more than enough to win D1 games.

The offense is a mess, it has no identity and the TE's are a mess. The common theme? Cummings is both the O coordinator and the TE coach. The TE's tonight (and all season long) committed multiple false starts, missed blocking assignments and are entirely ineffective.

When a new leader takes over an organization it's expected for him to bring in his own people and fit them in to roles. Usually one or two, for whatever reason, don't work out. Right now, Cummings' responsibilities and performances are sticking out like a sore thumb.

It's acceptable to shock the system while transitioning. Get rid of Cummings.

Something doesn't look right and I blame the OC for the constant shuffling and failure to utilize our skill guys despite the OL issues. It doesn't pass the eye test or the logic test. This was USF, not FSU. For all the drivel this board is rightly accused of, we tend to have an awareness of when something is wrong and where the problem lies long before others are willing to acknowledge it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Time for some folks to move away from the keyboard.

Not sure who that is directed towards, so/but..............

I've been in enough organizations that had to have substantial leadership changes. The best organizational changes I've been a part of had leaders who were willing to re-assign or remove part of their team that wasn't working as the leader anticipated.

It's easy to blame the crappy OLine performance but TJ figured out a way by the end of last season to make it serviceable and put out a dynamic offense.

Cummings' offense is the worst of Edsall and the worst of GDL combined. No direction, no concept, no execution and no point for UConn until prevent time.

Reaction Score
Time for some folks to move away from the keyboard.

Everybody knows this isn't a short-term project but you have to acknowledge issues in order to affect change.

Reaction Score
Not sure who that is directed towards, so/but....

I've been in enough organizations that had to have substantial leadership changes. The best organizational changes I've been a part of had leaders who were willing to re-assign or remove part of their team that wasn't working as the leader anticipated.

It's easy to blame the crappy OLine performance but TJ figured out a way by the end of last season to make it serviceable and put out a dynamic offense.

Cummings' offense is the worst of Edsall and the worst of GDL combined. No direction, no concept, no execution and no point for UConn until prevent time.

Maybe we could get the OL that played for TJ to come back and play for Diaco. It's apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Casey did look like a boss in the polo shirt and headset. No raincoat in those conditions? Channeling his inner TJ Weist.

Seeing the OL performance gave me 3 thoughts:
1) A healthy Casey would have overcome the OL performance with his football intellect in the form of audibles at the line of scrimmage and we win by 2 touchdowns, despite the play calling from upstairs.

2) For the sake of Casey's health, glad to see him step back rather than risk another hit and sack and there will be plenty more.....

3) Casey's coaching education was greatly improved last night because he learned "what not to do" to compliment what should be done.

Reaction Score
I would like to see them utilize Newsome's speed by running him outside the tackles more. I don't understand why we tend to always run between the tackles.

Reaction Score
I would like to see them utilize Newsome's speed by running him outside the tackles more. I don't understand why we tend to always run between the tackles.

How can he do that when the o line can't block, if you look back to the byu and stony brook they tried some tosses and sweeps......plays were blown up

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Cummings could be a genius but who is going to game plan for a line that can't block and barely any healthy QBs? I'm frustrated as anyone but name whoever you want to replace Cummings and we are still in a world of hurt.

Reaction Score
Cummings could be a genius but who is going to game plan for a line that can't block and barely any healthy QBs? I'm frustrated as anyone but name whoever you want to replace Cummings and we are still in a world of hurt.

Weist

Reaction Score

not for nothing I know your pissed and all but Weist had RSR Bennett (gone), RSR Greene (gone), RSR Friend (gone), RSR Tyler Bullock (gone), RJR Cruz, RJR, Mateas, RSO Hemingway (gone)......Vastly different to what we are throwing out there now......It's not just a crappy line, it's EXTREMELY young and green.

Reaction Score
2 points:

1. You are absolutely right about the TEs. They don't block and are no threat in the passing game. Why the insistence on having 1 or 2 always in the game when we have much more depth at the WR position.

2. Refusing to use the shotgun formation other than the last drive. With the abysmal Ol play, the shotgun allows Chandler to see the rush from his backside before he gets tattooed. The shotgun also allows the qb to get the ball out faster and allows him to see the field better. This is something TJ figured out calling plays here.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Anyone remember Zach Hurd? Has he had children yet...?

Reaction Score

I'v
e been in enough organizations that had to have substantial leadership changes. The best organizational changes I've been a part of had leaders who were willing to re-assign or remove part of their team that wasn't working as the leader anticipated.

I like Weist as much as everyone one else but fans forget that he lost 5 games before the team began to click and that was with NFL players on the team. Remember that a lot of theses kids had 2+years under the idiots who neglected every aspect of any kind teaching,while collecting their $$$$$"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I like Weist as much as everyone one else but fans forget that he lost 5 games before the team began to click and that was with NFL players on the team. Remember that a lot of theses kids had 2+years under the idiots who neglected every aspect of any kind teaching,while collecting their $"

It's because we didn't start winning with Weist until Shane Day took over the playcalling roll, if I recall correctly. Everyone on multiple threads is talking about Weist, and I think Weist finished last year extremely well as a leader, but let's not forget who was in the box calling the plays when we started winning. Shane Day is a very underrated UConn hero, and I think we are missing him a lot.

Also, being the conspiracy theorist that I am, I believe that Cummings is messing more with the line than is being mentioned. The people on our OLine are not that far outside the talent level that Foley has been accustomed to having, but they are performing much worse. Guards are pulling to block nobody. Countless offsides calls. Maybe it was the 3 years of GDL tinkering around that is making me go "coo-coo", but I really do feel like Foley doesn't have 100% of his design on this OLine...

Reaction Score

Well, DUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It's so obvious even I figured that one out! I am deathly afraid Newsome is going to get seriously hurt if we keep sending him into the meat grinder like we've been doing.

Reaction Score
not for nothing I know your pissed and all but Weist had RSR Bennett (gone), RSR Greene (gone), RSR Friend (gone), RSR Tyler Bullock (gone), RJR Cruz, RJR, Mateas, RSO Hemingway (gone).Vastly different to what we are throwing out there now.It's not just a crappy line, it's EXTREMELY young and green.

And for all that, he didn't win a game until he put Casey Cochran in and we've lost him for the season. If all TJ had was Boyle and Whitmer, we're lucky to go 1-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom