Finebaum rips Edsall for pulling scholarship | The Boneyard

Finebaum rips Edsall for pulling scholarship

Reaction Score
Been looking for supporting video, but just have to go with this post from Michigan's messageboard. Apparently, Randy Edsall and UConn can't do it, but when Jim Harbaugh and Michigan pulled Erik Swenson's scholarship last January, Finebaum called it a media driven non story:

Paul Finebaum defends Jim Harbaugh | mgoblog

Paul Finebaum defends Jim Harbaugh
After having Teddy Greenstein on his radio show this afternoon Paul Finebaum defended Jim Harbaugh and called this a media driven "non story." Was pretty amused it was getting all this attention.

He also said Harbaugh is going to win a national title "very soon, possibly next year."

Paul has been a big Harbaugh supporter since he was hired and it's good to see someone with the media profile he has taking this stance, especially after the tantrum Valenti threw today.

Reaction Score
I'll hold my breath while he rips Michigan and Alabama for doing the same thing, later in the process, without the added excuse of a coaching change.

Five years later, SEC not hurt by its football recruiting signing cap

Michigan had two players publicly say their offers got pulled or changed very late without much communication.

“There were mistakes made and I take full accountability for them,” Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said without elaborating, according to The Detroit Free Press. “But I won’t apologize.”

According to AL.com, Alabama made at least three grayshirt offers to committed recruits, all of whom declined them and signed elsewhere. Riley Cole, one of those players, said in a Twitter post on Jan. 31 that Alabama talked to him five days before Signing Day about grayshirting “but won’t give me a straight answer.” He decommitted and signed with South Alabama.

“We recruit them, we want them to come here,” Saban said, according to AL.com. “We just think it would help their development if they matured before they enrolled.”

Reaction Score
Finebaum is now exposed as a total fraud.

I'm on record. I have no issue with Edsall pulling scholarships of players that the idiot former staff offered. Pull all of them if they see fit. There is a reason why we have sucked for 6 years and it goes a little deeper than coaching. Our recruiting has been absymal. I expected a drop with the CR crap but we aren't even close to keeping up with middle of the pack AAC programs.

This is big boy football. About damn time we started acting like it.

Reaction Score
Can someone tweet his hypocrisy at him? Finebaun that is. I'm not a twitterer
Neither am I, so you have company. I find it ... well .... Think you can catch my drift.

Reaction Score
Finebaum did not like Randy Edsall when he was at Maryland either.

Reaction Score
Finebaum is an over the top SEC homer who ignores any wrongs they do. He is probably still upset and stunned a SEC coordinator would leave for UCONN.

Good point, I didn't think of that. So now he's trying to denigrate the program and hoping that Lashlee has no success here.

Reaction Score
Was it Charles Baldwin, from CT, who was there for a week, when Saban realized he wasn't good enough to play there and dismissed him?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The SEC does this all the time by gray shirting players and over recruiting them on signing day. The new coaching staff just came together on the defense side of the ball last week. So for anyone in the media to kill HCRE over this is just looking for hits and views.

Shame on ESPN and those knuckleheads on twitter who have nothing better to do.

Reaction Score
The SEC does this all the time by gray shirting players and over recruiting them on signing day. The new coaching staff just came together on the defense side of the ball last week. So for anyone in the media to kill HCRE over this is just looking for hits and views.

Shame on ESPN and those knuckleheads on twitter who have nothing better to do.

Well if someone has an honest problem with it, then fine. But to specifically call out the program as a whole, saying "UConn is going to pay for this" and "The average person will think much less of [UConn]" makes it seem like he is really going out of his way to defame UConn.

Reaction Score
I'll hold my breath while he rips Michigan and Alabama for doing the same thing, later in the process, without the added excuse of a coaching change.

Five years later, SEC not hurt by its football recruiting signing cap

Michigan had two players publicly say their offers got pulled or changed very late without much communication.

“There were mistakes made and I take full accountability for them,” Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said without elaborating, according to The Detroit Free Press. “But I won’t apologize.”

According to AL.com, Alabama made at least three grayshirt offers to committed recruits, all of whom declined them and signed elsewhere. Riley Cole, one of those players, said in a Twitter post on Jan. 31 that Alabama talked to him five days before Signing Day about grayshirting “but won’t give me a straight answer.” He decommitted and signed with South Alabama.

“We recruit them, we want them to come here,” Saban said, according to AL.com. “We just think it would help their development if they matured before they enrolled.”

One would think that the above, in the hands of a media "friend," would at least embarrass Finebaum and maybe destroy his credibility, altogether. I wonder if ADD knows about Finebaum's hypocrisy? Has anyone called out Finebaum on Twitter? Or, is UConn going to allow itself to kicked around on stuff like this while the Alabama and Michigan types get a free pass?

Reaction Score
I love Finebaum, he has crazy redneck SEC fans call and rant about the B1G mostly. I think he fails to see the total embarrassment he and his callers are.

Can someone tweet his hypocrisy at him? Finebaun that is. I'm not a twitterer

Reaction Score
Finebaum is an SEC shill, and nothing he says should ever be taken seriously. Embarrassing that ESPN gives him a national forum to air his nonsense. Oh yeah, and he looks like Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Just remember what these talking heads get paid for...ratings. If no one listened to them, would they still be trumpeting their crap?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom